RE courses - Posted by Ed S

Posted by CB_FL on October 13, 1998 at 20:44:10:

The one thing I might suggest you look at is asset protection. If you’re going to start doing deals, do you have a safe way to take title? land trusts? corporations? Bill Bronchick’s material is good.
Charlene

RE courses - Posted by Ed S

Posted by Ed S on October 13, 1998 at 16:06:18:

I am planning to go to the RE convention in Denver and just want to get some insight information on the usefulness of the courses that will, undoubtedly, be offered by the speakers. I’ve read a number of books on real estate, including books on foreclosures and rehabs. I found them informative and helpful in getting a good start. Now, how much more information will the courses offered by RE experts contain in them? Are they worth the price? I guess what I’m asking is how does one know that he/she has got enough knowledge to get started and when is it time to stop buying courses and concentrate more on learning by doing? I am a pretty active stock investor and have read loads of books on stock investing. Most of what I read has been very useful, but there is no substitute for real life experience. Most importantly the more you understand stock market investing the more you realize that a lot of information just gets repeated in different manner. Is it the same in real estate? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Ed S ¶

Re: RE courses - Posted by Farr

Posted by Farr on October 14, 1998 at 11:48:56:

Ed:

Just knowing that Terry Vaughan will be there should be impetus enough for anyone to come. He’s worth 10 times the $99 admission ticket. Terry’s great, and can get your creative juices flowing if no one else can. Bill B. is also good, and asset protection is important. Scott Britton should be excellent as well.

Re: RE courses - Posted by Farr

Posted by Farr on October 14, 1998 at 11:48:23:

Ed:

Just knowing that Terry Vaughan will be there should be impetus enough for anyone to come. He’s worth 10 times the $99 admission ticket. Terry’s great, and can get your creative juices flowing if no one else can. Bill B. is also good, and asset protection is important. Scott Britton should be excellent as well.