Quit Claim Deed - Posted by Mike McCarthy

Posted by Michelle Ortega on February 27, 2002 at 22:59:32:

I was divorced 2-1/2 years ago and the house was granted to me. I am now trying to refinance the home, and the financial institution said that I need a quit claim form signed by my ex-husband. The financial company is ready to fund, so I need this document ASAP!
Thank you for your help.

Quit Claim Deed - Posted by Mike McCarthy

Posted by Mike McCarthy on July 27, 2001 at 08:06:07:

My wife and I jointly own a property under a Survivorship Deed in Ohio. There is no mortgage or other encumberances. We want to Quit Claim title to me. Does there have to be any consideration recorded? Or, can she just sign and have notarized the Quit Claim (the Ohio Revised Code provides the form to do this, but we want to know if she has to “pay” me anything).

What about a Grant deed or Warranty deed? Would those apply or is the Quit Claim deed the way to go?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Quit Claim Deed - Posted by Don

Posted by Don on July 28, 2001 at 23:47:12:

Quit claim is the most often used instrument to deed interests in property between family members. She just deeds her interest in the property (whatever that may be).