QuickBooks, which version to get? - Posted by Lauren IN

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on April 05, 2003 at 19:43:37:

Pro will work just fine with the course.

John Hyre

QuickBooks, which version to get? - Posted by Lauren IN

Posted by Lauren IN on April 03, 2003 at 01:53:57:

I just bought John Hyre’s bookkeeping course (at the CRE conference, which was great!) and am now contemplating which version of QuickBooks to buy. He gears the course toward the basic version, but I am wondering if the Pro version may have some extras that would be beneficial for specific RE types of investing such as rehabs or whatever else. Does anyone have any reviews in finding which version has best suited their purposes? I am a bookkeeping beginner, but want to get the program I need the first time around. Hope this question isn’t too tedious for those taking the time to read; any input is appreciated!
Thanks,
Lauren

QuickBooks, which version to get? - Posted by Glenn

Posted by Glenn on April 07, 2003 at 23:25:03:

Will it work with other versions? ie PRO 2001?
The info about the Book/Software says,
The Real Estate Investor’s KISS Guide to Bookkeeping includes a “plug in” diskette that works with QuickBooks 2002 (sold separately).

Re: QuickBooks, which version to get? - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on April 03, 2003 at 06:13:59:

The only aspect of Pro that I find useful is the ability to export to Microsoft Excel. If that doesn’t get you good and excited, I’d stick with Basic.

John Hyre

Re: QuickBooks, which version to get? - Posted by Frank Chin

Posted by Frank Chin on April 06, 2003 at 06:19:56:

Hi John:

Just thought I mention I’m uppgrading from Basic to Pro as I now also own a business where I plan to use staff to do bookkeeping. Pro can be networked, whereas Basic cannot.

Frank Chin

Re: QuickBooks, which version to get? - Posted by Lauren IN

Posted by Lauren IN on April 04, 2003 at 03:55:36:

How difficult would it be to use the Pro version with your KISS guide? (would you say they’re similar enough?) I like using Excel and like the idea of being able to export, though I don’t exactly know what I’ll need it for yet.

Lauren