Questions about starting in Arizona - Posted by Kevin

Posted by Kevin on July 19, 2001 at 22:19:31:

I appreciate that is a possibility about them not knowing what they are talking about but, it did get my attention. It is true that the laws are different back east but, I am more interested with my own state. Do you have any experience with lien-based lending? How does it apply to creative financing and what types of obstacles does it result in, if any? Any help would be much appreciated.

Questions about starting in Arizona - Posted by Kevin

Posted by Kevin on July 19, 2001 at 12:55:47:

I have recently bought the course and live in Phoenix, AZ. In talking to some local real estate professionals, I got the feedback that this will not work in this state because of the title laws. The laws here in Arizona are lien based instead of title based, meaning that the mortgage company does not own the title like many states back east but, instead is first in line for the lien on the property. Does anyone know if this is really a problem? Has anyone bought some property in Arizona by using this system? I would appreciate any feedback.

First of all - Posted by J. CA

Posted by J. CA on July 19, 2001 at 13:15:58:

what course?

Second, Lesson 1: 99% of real estate ‘professionals’ are idiots and you should hum to yourself when they’re talking.

Do ‘back east’ states really have such laws? I thought lien-based lending was the norm and title-based lending the rare exception? I could be wrong of course, I’m far from well versed in the laws for every state.