Question on couunty tax sales - Posted by Dan O CA

Posted by Dan O. on February 15, 2002 at 07:33:57:

I will do that, I will keep you posted.
All The Best,
Dan Ordoins

Question on couunty tax sales - Posted by Dan O CA

Posted by Dan O CA on February 12, 2002 at 22:15:56:

I recently came across a county tax sale. I went and looked at allot of the properties and found some in great condition and allot in boarded up run down condition. Looking at the opening bids for the properties I was surprised at the price. It was pennies on the dollars. $50-60,000+ places going anywhere form $3,000 to 10,000+ and there was land for under a 1,000. I ran into another investor looking at a place and he informed me that at the last auction there was only a handful of bidders and most of their properties didn’t sell. There is about 100 or more properties on the list. Now my question I have is on the property or titles. Would I expect any other fees or liens or costs along with the bidding price? From what I can tell there is only federal liens and utility costs that may have to be paid as well. So if anyone has any information any costs that I may run into please let me know. This almost seems to good to be true. Any information would be appreciated.
All The Best,
Dan Ordoins

Re: Question on couunty tax sales - Posted by Heidi Nash

Posted by Heidi Nash on August 15, 2008 at 19:05:11:

So Dan, were you able to buy any deeds? I am in CA as well and am looking into Tax Sales. Thanks!

Re: Question on couunty tax sales - Posted by Nichole

Posted by Nichole on February 14, 2002 at 11:09:57:

Was this in the California area? I’m always curious if you can get those kind of bargains in California. I guess I’m skeptical! I live in the Bay Area and I have been thinking of purchasing the John Beck course on how to purchasing tax lien certificates. I guess I just been wondering if is realistic/affordable to do in California???

A wanna be investor,
Nichole

Re: Question on couunty tax sales - Posted by K MCDONALD

Posted by K MCDONALD on February 14, 2002 at 08:54:45:

were they selling tax lien certificates or were they selling deeds to the land/ real estate
have you studied any courses on tax liens and tax deeds

Re: Question on couunty tax sales - Posted by Dan O

Posted by Dan O on February 15, 2002 at 07:31:08:

It is in California and it there does seem to be bargains here. From what I understand there is no purchasing of tax lien certificates in California only tax deeds. Look up county web pages and look unter the tax treasure and it should list up and coming sales. Also check out this web page. http://www.sco.ca.gov/col/taxinfo/tcs/index.htm . Well I will let everyone know how it comes out after I go and the bargins I get. I do have some capital to work with and I am working on securing some more.
All The Best,
Dan Ordoins

Posted by K MCDONALD on February 14, 2002 at 11:59:45:

the john beck free and clear course is a good one
to purchase but be prepared for a 2-4 weeks before shipping however other then that its good

Re: Question on couunty tax sales - Posted by DanO-Ca

Posted by DanO-Ca on February 14, 2002 at 09:19:16:

There are selling the deeds, and no I haven’t studied any courses. I have now been doing research and have found out alot. There shouldn’t be anyother liens except certain bonds or other federal liens. All other liens should be off and most don’t have any bond or water liens. Sounds pretty good. I am going to go with some cash on hand and see how it goes… Just going to jump right in and go for it!!!
All The Best,
Dan O.

Posted by K MCDONALD on February 14, 2002 at 09:24:02:

keep us posted on how it turns out for you
hope you get a good bargain