Question for Scott and Tony - Posted by JB-GA

Posted by Scott L. on February 06, 2005 at 15:58:55:

I’m a homecare agency owner. We provide caregivers to work with the elderly and disabled. We conduct our work in regular homes, MHs, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, etc. In our area, there’s a tremendous amount of demand for low-income housing and quality care for seniors. Foster homes are hit and miss at best.

I like the idea of renting out used MH rooms to seniors and then have my agency provide care throughout the day. I would own the used MH and provide the care for a price much less than a foster home could. I’ll probably start with one MH to test the idea. This idea would be for a very specifici target market. Low-income elderly on fixed incomes. Please remember that we’re fully insured, licensed and bonded for the homecare agency and are professionals at this type of work. Most people on this board wouldn’t have our experience or credentials to attempt this. The margins, however, could be excellent. I would look at purchasing my own land in the long run and placing mobile homes on it and rent those rooms to seniors. That being said, any thoughts by anyone on the board regarding this concept? Probably a little different that what everyone is used to.

Respectfully,

Scott L.

Question for Scott and Tony - Posted by JB-GA

Posted by JB-GA on February 06, 2005 at 08:57:00:

How far from your homes have you been able to effectively manage rental mobiles. Thanks for your help.

Re: Question for Scott and Tony - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on February 06, 2005 at 11:11:19:

JB,

I have a rule for myself of 30 min. from home. I could probably stretch this some for exceptional deals but haven’t needed to look further out than that. I like to be able to drive by and check-up on my properties. I also want to be able to collect rent or post notices without to much travel time. We do not use any property manangement right now so we are one man shows. HTH Take Care ScottS(NC)