Question about mailing lists - Posted by randyOH

Posted by Randy Swad on May 19, 2005 at 11:55:37:

No, I downloaded the list into an excel file. I have physical possession of the list. I could use it any way I wish. However, they seem to be telling me I can only use it one time. They did not tell me this prior to processing my order.

Do you know of a list vendor that does not have this restriction? Melissadata seems to be the one everyone uses, so I thought someone here could give me some advice.

Question about mailing lists - Posted by randyOH

Posted by randyOH on May 18, 2005 at 22:01:02:

I just ordered several zip codes from Melissadata.com. After I placed the order and paid for it, they seem to be telling me I can only use the list one time. Am I interpreting this correctly? I was only going to mail to certain neighborhoods within the zip codes. Having to pay for the whole list every time I do a mailing would make it prohibitively expensive.

Is there a less expensive way to do mass mailings? Is there any way to buy a list that could be customized and used repeatedly?

Any advice appreciated.

Re: Question about mailing lists - Posted by whyK-CA

Posted by whyK-CA on May 19, 2005 at 02:39:53:

randyOH,

I don’t know about the service you use, but maybe you are getting printed labels? I bet they can supply you as data file. I put all my data in my own database, no matter where it is coming from, and print from there, so I can print as many times as I want, and what I want. I can certainly print based on zip code. Have you got a database on your computer that you can use?

-whyK