Property in my company name without my consent - Posted by msi

Posted by Rich-CA on August 11, 2008 at 19:47:29:

My in-laws are attorneys, formerly for the Justice Dept and now on the other side of the disputes. I once asked my brother in law how a person who have been wronged by the IRS gets his attorneys fees back. The answer was that they don’t, which is one reason the IRS is so free at hounding citizens. However I get the CA RE Law Review each month (formerly written by Bob Bruss) and there have been several cases where the state of CA has lost, had to pay attorneys fees and had to pay penalties. As far as the residents of the asylum are concerned, not only can we sue but we can get our expenses back.

Property in my company name without my consent - Posted by msi

Posted by msi on June 19, 2008 at 14:52:37:

Can someone put a property in my company name and make me liable for their tax bill without my knowledge or consent?

They levied my account for the taxes and attached a FIFA ruining my companies credit.

Since my company owns the property in the deed book (I looked it up) I want to sell it and recoup my losses for the huge headache. Any downside to this?

I’m in Georgia if that matters.

Have you explained the situation - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on June 19, 2008 at 21:16:56:

to the County? If they insist you own the property, I would sell it.

Re: Have you explained the situation - Posted by msi

Posted by msi on June 20, 2008 at 06:38:20:

Of course I explained it to the tax assessor office for about 2 hours. He researched to told me that I owned the property in the courthouse records and stated that there is nothing more they could do.

He suggested that I speak to an attorney to help sort this out.

I was thinking the Recorder rather than - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on June 20, 2008 at 09:54:32:

the Assessor, since the recording of the document is what triggered the whole dispute. You will need a copy of your company filings showing the valid signatures and names of those who have the authority to sign for your company, ID to prove you are that person, and a copy of the deed showing the name of the Grantor or person who filed the deed. You will also want to write up an affidavit, which you will have notarized, stating that you did not purchase this property nor did you authorize anyone to put into your name. Then ask the Recorder what paperwork you need to have the filing removed retroactively to the date it was submitted.

If that does not work, that’s probably about as far as you can go without a lawyer. There are two parties that need to be sued: the Recorder for accepting a fraudulent filing and the Grantor for making a fraudulent filing.

Doctrine of Governmental Immunity? - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on August 11, 2008 at 01:02:14:

There’s an old set of laws that’s generally kept anybody from suing the gov. clerk or functionary or office.

That is the doctrine of Governmental Immunity which has from time immemorial protected the Gov agency from lawsuits and liability.

In the last 50 years some of these blanket immunities (such as charitable imm.)have been eroeded and whittled away so it might or might not be still existent in FL.

Probably a Google search for “Governmental Immunity FL” would find your answer.