"Property Encroachment" - Posted by Tom Cassidy

Posted by dealmaker on August 04, 2005 at 08:59:04:

Before you start calculating how to do it price wise take a look at your plat and review your local ordinances regarding lot size and set backs. Make sure that by selling him some land you’re not going to make your own lot too small or put your own structures (or any you may want to add later) too close to the property line.

If you’re good there I’d just figure out the average cost per square foot for raw land, add a little bit for hassle factor (you are hassling with it right now, right?). Final deal is HE PAYS for COSTS involved in doing this!

dealmaker

“Property Encroachment” - Posted by Tom Cassidy

Posted by Tom Cassidy on August 03, 2005 at 23:16:13:

Recently i bought a property and had a survey done, the survey came back saying that a barn in the back was encroaching on the man behind me property by 11.5 ft.
Also a shed was 4.5 ft.
I didnt know it at the time but i have found out that i am not encroaching on the neighbors property but he apparently built the barn on my property and is very worried about it…i was thinking i would off er the property to him for sale…what would be a good way to work this price wise?
Thank you for your answers.
T

Re: “Property Encroachment” - Posted by River City

Posted by River City on August 05, 2005 at 06:22:38:

I am not an attorney, but would this border on “sub-dividing” the property? If so, would this be legal if sub-dividing the property is not allowed?