Pre-foreclosure & Boyfriend - Posted by Kristy-AZ

Posted by Kristy-AZ on March 16, 2003 at 22:05:20:

Hi IB,

Got any other suggestions about getting around the boyfriend? My husband thought that maybe we should both go over there, my husband would bring a 6-pack for the boyfriend and I would talk with the Owner.

I told my husband this guy looked like a 12-pack minumum. And the boyrfriend wasn’t very friendly. My husband is Italian so I don’t think this idea would work too well. Too many “short fuses”.

Kristy-AZ

Pre-foreclosure & Boyfriend - Posted by Kristy-AZ

Posted by Kristy-AZ on March 15, 2003 at 24:37:54:

Hi all,

I met with a lady who is in foreclosure. She wants to sell the house and move on. BUT…

She has a boyfriend who I think lives with her and said they are listing the house with a friend of his. It seems he doesn’t like her making her own decisions.

I had her walk out to my vehicle so I could give her one of my cards and she and I were having a good conversation. I think I could have gotten the house under contract today if the boyfriend hadn’t been there. He called her back in before I could get her phone number. She said she would get back to me.

Has anyone ever had this type of problem? I felt like telling him, “look pal, if you had a job and were paying your way she wouldn’t be in this situation” Plus, he is not on the deed or the loan. But I kept professional and told her to call me soon.

Any thought on how to get around the lazy, non-working, over controlling x#@@!!** boyfriend?

Kristy-AZ

Re: Pre-foreclosure & Boyfriend - Posted by GL - ON

Posted by GL - ON on March 15, 2003 at 14:29:23:

Yeah, it’s a funny old world isn’t it? Why do women like that cling to bums like him, while if they get hold of an absolute prince who treats them like a queen they can’t get rid of him fast enough?

Re: Pre-foreclosure & Boyfriend - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on March 15, 2003 at 13:52:54:

Kristy: Is there a way you could send a contract via certified mail or fed-x ? Do you know where she works? Could you send it there? You could attach a note saying that here’s the contract if you are interested. Please feel free to call me, etc.

Let us know if you get anywhere. I have come across this as well where I am.

Sincerely, Kristine

Re: Pre-foreclosure & Boyfriend - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on March 15, 2003 at 07:43:02:

Yeah the same thoughts as you: he’s a over controlling x#@@!!** bum :slight_smile:

If it were me, I would tell her “Maam, I encourage you to do what’s best for you in the end…I see a lot of situations where everyone has an opinion on how you should sell the home but none of these people would help you pay the mortgage…” If she’s intelligent, she’ll get the hint. Then after she made her final decision and it was to go with the ‘realtor’ option, I would still inform her (in a professional manner) that it’s interesting how her boyfriend can make suggestions but not help with the payments (if this was the case).

Have you told her the benefits of selling to you as opposed to a realtor? Most realtors aren’t knowledgeable enough about pre f/c’s where they can make sure the house is not lost to sheriff sale and closes on time.

Posted by IB (NJ) on March 15, 2003 at 14:54:49:

Unless that Prince is paying the mortgage - lol

Re: Letter to work - Posted by Kristy-AZ

Posted by Kristy-AZ on March 15, 2003 at 15:42:59:

Hi Kristine,

Nice to talk with you again. She works selling flowers at different bars, so can’t send to her work, however, I did mail a letter as soon as I got home stating that I felt like I had caught her at a bad time and to please call me when she has more time to talk.

I just know I could have gotten her to sell if the boyrfriend hadn’t been there. I looked around and didn’t see his car, so I figure he is leaching off her. I made several connections with her in various areas, so hopefully she will call.

Any other suggestions I may have missed?
Kristy-AZ

Re: Pre-foreclosure & Boyfriend - Posted by Lar

Posted by Lar on March 15, 2003 at 10:55:28:

Uh, Kristy is a Realtor.

Posted by IB (NJ) on March 15, 2003 at 12:46:37:

Oh…but in this case, she’s still playing the role of an Investor. My opinion of realtors and their knowledge of pre f/c’s still stands…

Re: Pre-foreclosure & Boyfriend - Posted by Kristy-AZ

Posted by Kristy-AZ on March 15, 2003 at 15:38:25:

Yes,
I do agree with you about Realtors not knowing how to handle Pre-foreclosures. I’ve watched many of them go to sale even when the REaltor had a buyer!

I also explained this to the owner and even showed her an MLS print out that was listed by a Realtor, and showed her the Trust Deed where the house was sold at Auction. She also knows that I am a Realtor and that I was not there to list the home but rather purchase for cash!

The boyfriend just got in the way. I am sending her a letter in the mail. Hopefully she will call.

Thanks, no offense taken on the Realtor thing, I know exactly what you mean.

Kristy-AZ

Posted by IB (NJ) on March 15, 2003 at 22:42:07:

“I do agree with you about Realtors not knowing how to handle Pre-foreclosures. I’ve watched many of them go to sale even when the REaltor had a buyer!” - Kristy

Kristy, I witnessed my Sister, a realtor, do the same thing. She had a house under contract and knew it was a pre-foreclosure. Yet she never thought to check with the sheriff on the sale date. But when I brought the importance of it to her attention, she still wasn’t interested in finding out. Go figure…