positive cash flow properties - Posted by danny

Posted by Barry on November 22, 2000 at 17:15:57:

HI ADRIANA, I’M JUST STARTING OUT IN THE SACREMENTO, NORTH BAY AREA AND WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE ON WHERE TO FIND GOOD RENTAL DUPLEXS AND OTHER RENTALS. THANKS.

positive cash flow properties - Posted by danny

Posted by danny on November 20, 2000 at 13:26:38:

shere do you go to find properties with low down payment and positive cash flows

Re: positive cash flow properties - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on November 20, 2000 at 21:48:00:

Just about anywhere! In my area, you can purchase a nice, used mobile for $10,000 to $15,000 and sometimes less. This can then be rented for $500. Use a Line of Credit, or credit card to purchase the mobile, which is effectively nothing down - you haven’t had to use money froma saving account - and then use the monthly rent to pay off the LoC or card.

If you are looking for other types of income properties, try to find a property where the owner has a lot of equity in it. Often these are older people looking to retire and relocate. They have also owned the property for a period of time and have paid down the principal on the mortgage while inflation has driven the value up. These people will often carry a second as the payments from the second mortgage will provide another stream of monthly income. The more units in the property, the greater the ability of the property to sustain payments - that is a duplex is more likely to produce a positive cash flow than single family residence, and 4 plex is more likely to produce a postive cash flow than a duplex, and so on…

Re: positive cash flow properties - Posted by adriana

Posted by adriana on November 20, 2000 at 20:42:03:

I have a duplex with positive cash flow in california low down and possible future commercial but its in vv california where you at?

Re: positive cash flow properties - Posted by Jeanne

Posted by Jeanne on November 21, 2000 at 10:34:05:

Dear Mike,

If you are interested in doing mobile home deals, but don’t want to be fixing toilets (landlording), you should visit the mobile home forum on this site. Also, read every article by Lonnie Scruggs. In a nutshell, you buy an older, used mobile home (for much lower than you have been paying), resell it at roughly double (sometimes much more) what you paid for it by offering owner financing. Your buyers are homeowners, and you are the lien holder.

I recommend Lonnie Scrugg’s book “Deals on Wheels.”

Jeanne

Re: positive cash flow properties - Posted by danny

Posted by danny on November 21, 2000 at 05:50:31:

mike,
is there a website in your area i can use to see some of these mobile homes