Please, help with out of state owners!!!!!! - Posted by vicki

Posted by James Hansen on September 12, 2002 at 22:39:37:

When you fax the offer to the seller, tell them that you will call as soon as you fax the offer. DON’T let them look it over without you being on the phone at the same time. You need to show them the benefits of taking your offer. Plus you can address their concerns at the same time.
Hope that will help.
Good Luck and God Bless
James Hansen,NV.

Please, help with out of state owners!!! - Posted by vicki

Posted by vicki on September 12, 2002 at 19:41:27:

I have bad expeience deaing with out of state owners. In the beginning all sellers are very motivated and ready to sigh Lease agreement with me. They ask me to fax or send Lease agreement to review. And when they got agreement from me after that they became unmotivated. They dont want to deal with me. Please help. What am i do wrong? Thank you

Re: Please, help with out of state owners!!! - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on September 12, 2002 at 21:32:03:

What you are doing wrong, could be anything. Is it ‘only’ the agreement that these sellers become un-motivated? If so, check your contract to see if something in there is scaring them. Were they truly motivated to begin with, or merely interested in what you have to offer? Is it your speaking over the phone in explaining details? Are you faxing, mailing, e-mailing, etc… the contract; and is that method making it look bad when they get it? Is the agreement filled out or blank? Why are you only sending the Lease agreement? Are you planning just to rent from these sellers?

Review your approach and your contract(s). See what each of these transactions have in common to see if there is something that stands out. You know that they are motivated all the way up until you send them the contract, so figure out if it is the contract that makes them un-motivated, or is it the followup conversations after that where the motivation seems to disappear?