PLEASE HELP!!!!! - Posted by GEM

Posted by Darren Shelton on March 20, 2001 at 13:57:56:

I took the 3day course from Russ. It was NOT worth it. Yes, they did impart some good information. However, this information is readily available from a multitude of sources. Half of it is common sense. And not all of it is LEGALLY correct. So, I recommend you save your money, buy some books, continue visiting this site and take you time. No one is going to show you how to make THOUSANDS overnight - forget that nonsense. You can make lots of $$$ in this business but it takes time to do it right. Furthermore, don’t waste $$$ on “coaches” who will “show you how to do it”. Avoid the heartache and financial loss suffered by so many others, me included.

PLEASE HELP!!! - Posted by GEM

Posted by GEM on March 19, 2001 at 22:41:48:

I AM ON THE VERGE OF SPENDING $1,500 ON ONE OF RUSS WHITNEY’S THREE DAY SEMINARS. BUT AFTER READING SOME OF THE MESSAGES ON THIS FORUM I’M VERY SKEPTICAL TO SAY THE LEAST!!! IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS TAKEN THE COURSE? WAS IT WORTH IT? IS THERE A CHEAPER ROUTE TO GETTING GOOD INFO ON REI? I’M NOT RICH AND $1,500 IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR ME. BUT I’LL SACRIFICE IT IF THE SEMINAR IS WORTH THE MONEY.

THANX IN ADVANCE FOR ALL RESPONSES!

G. MOYER

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! - Posted by Erik

Posted by Erik on March 20, 2001 at 17:33:34:

Shut your Caps Lock off! It is rude.

Anyway, I would shy away from a Whitney seminar. He will charge you a bundle to learn beginner stuff. There are much more better ways to learn for much less money. I would start with LeGrand courses or Bronchick’s courses… learn, make some money then start spending the big bucks on advanced level seminars. In my opinion, Whitney is good at blowing smoke and telling you different ways you can make money in RE, but avoids much of the nuts and bolts… telling you what you really NEED to know and that is HOW to do these things! Again, no offense to anyone that may swear by Whitney’s stuff… this is just my opinion.

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! - Posted by Zack

Posted by Zack on March 20, 2001 at 15:26:22:

The one thing that you will learn for FREE is that the Russ Whitney scenario is questionable, at best! Don’t waste your hard earned money on a boot camp. You could spend far less by getting the Sheets course, other books (Robert G. Allen), etc. Save your money & keep your wife happy…go another route, work hard and make it happen!

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! - Posted by Greg NY

Posted by Greg NY on March 20, 2001 at 13:58:26:

Why not attend the CREonline convention in Atlanta?

$595 + $345 = $940
This leaves $560 to spend on course materials, I’m hoping that they are discounted at the convention?

Greg NY

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! - Posted by evelyn (FL)

Posted by evelyn (FL) on March 19, 2001 at 23:05:28:

haven’t bought any Whitney courses, just his book.
If I had $1500, I would buy courses right from this web site, and post questions that were unanswered here. This is a great source of info.

You can buy quite a few books for $1500.

Hope this helps.

Evelyn

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! - Posted by Peter

Posted by Peter on March 20, 2001 at 19:10:14:

Would you know how is the smaller Fast Cash Course by LeGrand? I haven’t seen Bronchiks’s courses. How does it compaer to LeGrand ? What is the difference? Which course has the best over valuable information? I heard some people say LeGrand and others Bronchik ??? Thanks.

Re: GEM - Posted by dave

Posted by dave on March 21, 2001 at 18:24:05:

Read Seminars Fact or Fiction?

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! - Posted by GEM

Posted by GEM on March 20, 2001 at 08:55:53:

Thanks Evelyn. What you said makes a lot of sense. However i’m still not sure that i can convince my wife. She’s really jazzed up about going to this seminar. And so am I. It’s just the money that really bothers me. I feel like if I could save $1000 by going a diferent route, that’s $1,000 that I could start investing. So, i’m not sure what I’ll end up doing. But thanks again for your advice. It’s good to know that there are people out there who are willing to give advice to those in need of it.

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! - Posted by evelyn (FL)

Posted by evelyn (FL) on March 21, 2001 at 09:01:19:

The Legrand Fast Cash course is about 190.00. It is a great start…enough for you to do a deal, or two, or three. At that point, you can buy his other more expensive courses, or anyone else’s course for that matter. Why spend $1500 when you only need to spend about $200? Or do as was already suggested…go the convention in Atlanta.

Wish like heck I could go!!!
Evelyn