"Pleas Help Quick Question!" - Posted by Ty

Posted by Frank Chin on July 27, 2003 at 12:29:56:

Hi Ty:

I put down “business services” in setting up the entity and for the tax ID#.

I did so because putting down “Real Estate”, or “mangement” might put you afoul of some state bureacrat that thinks you need a RE license, and I don’t need to get a lawyer to explain that I don’t.

When I opened my brokerage account I said I was an “investor”, and I had to sit down with the branch manager and they want to know if I’m a professional investor where I might need a license.

So I stay away from the words “investor”, and “management”. After all, provding “management”, and in doing “flipping”, you are providing a business service.

Just a thought.

Frank Chin

“Pleas Help Quick Question!” - Posted by Ty

Posted by Ty on July 26, 2003 at 23:57:35:

When applying for a tax id number what type of company do you guy list yourself as, realestate investor, management co… I trying to get some thing going.