"Pick your neighbor" program... - Posted by Fran

Posted by RobertR CO on July 31, 2000 at 20:28:15:

Nt

“Pick your neighbor” program… - Posted by Fran

Posted by Fran on July 27, 2000 at 16:58:34:

I have a home in a park here, and I was curious how well you guys (and gals) have done with a “pick your neighbor” campaign. You know, canvassing the park with flyers offering a reward for a referral, and such…

Now that I’m “in” with the park manager in this particular park, I also want to start getting my name into residents hands.

Anyone have any ideas on combining the two pieces into one, or should I use two different marketing pieces??

Fran

Works very well for me - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on July 28, 2000 at 19:12:07:

Hi Fran,
Last year David S, gave me a great peice of advice. Pay the neighbors space rent for a month if they bring me a buyer that I can work with. They get a month for free, they get a friend living next door. And I get a buyer.
That works well for me.
Also I always flyer the park for a standard reward fee, when I have a home to sell.
One of the first things that I do. Personally I don’t do it. I have the manager locate a couple kids who want to make ten bucks a peice. I put them to work.
Dirk

Legality of Finders Fee? - Posted by Judy-PA

Posted by Judy-PA on July 29, 2000 at 05:52:56:

In one of Lonnie’s books (I’m not sure which one), he discusses finders fees. He mentions that you should make sure that finders fees are legal in your state first. I live in Pennsylvania. Who do I call to find out if it is legal here? Also, I notice that some parks have a “no soliciting” sign at the entrance. Does this include flyers concerning MH purchases? I guess it would be a good idea to get the Park Manager’s okay before doing this. Do you agree?

Thanks in advance for you input!

Judy-PA

Standard reward fee is one month’s rent??(nt) - Posted by RobertR CO

Posted by RobertR CO on July 28, 2000 at 20:03:26:

nt

Awwwwwwwww the atmoshpere… - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on July 29, 2000 at 17:00:01:

Hi Judy,
I’m not familiar with the laws of PA. I would suggest that you ask your attorney. He/She will know.
One of the biggest pluses you can do for yourself in this business is to get on and maintain a good relationship with the PM’s.
For some reason this seems to be a sticking point with a lot of new people starting out. I suppose that it has something to do with fear of messing things up, with inexperience. However the PM is essential in successfully doing these deals with the minimum of pain. As I stated in my earlier post. I have the PM round up a couple of youngsters for me. Believe me there are always a few who would like the opportunity to make a couple of bucks. And I have them flyer the park for me. The PM is involved, always in the deals that I do.
Dirk

Only for the neighbors, right next door, but sure why not - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on July 28, 2000 at 20:06:42:

I mean the average space rent here is only 400 bucks or so.
Dirk

Re: Awwwwwwwww the atmoshpere… - Posted by Shannon Datig

Posted by Shannon Datig on August 21, 2001 at 13:27:15:

I live in N.J. and work for a retirement comm. A furniture rental buss. gave me a finders fee for two people. Our admin. said not allowed. Our handbook states only,that we can’t receive from residents. What can I do?

Neighbors next door get one fee, others another? - Posted by RobertR CO

Posted by RobertR CO on July 29, 2000 at 16:42:06:

Would that spark some ill feeling among the finders?

Cordially,

Robert

never has yet - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on July 29, 2000 at 16:57:36:

Frankly, it’s a bonus for whomever sends a buyer my way. It simply found money one way or another. For the next door neighbors it is an additional way for them to be able to have someone living next door that they have some sort of relationship with. i.e. a freind, family member, or co-worker. So it’s an added bonus for them.
As I said this is a method I have had success with time and time again.
It works.
Dirk