Partnerships and Biz Plans - Posted by Jim Lerman

Posted by Harley-CA on July 26, 2001 at 01:23:36:

JL,
The first thing I would do is figure out what you are going to accomplish with your investing. What is your two year plan, your five year plan and your ten year plan. What are your investment goals? What kind of return can you offer to an investor, etc.?

Get these ideas down and then go to work on a standard business plan. There are several models on the internet. Just do a search on the term “business plan” and then just use one of the links to spark your own plan.

Remember, people want an answer to the question “what’s in it for me?” They want to know that you’ve got a system put together that will make them money if they invest with you.

I prefer joint ventures when dealing in real estate partnerships. Each of the partners can be corporations for tax purposes but I prefer the joint venture. It all depends on what you will be doing. Get that squared away and then come back and post the questions that arise from that phase of the project. Let the wisdom here on the board help direct you as you’re already doing, but I think the first step is to get a clear idea of what you want to accomplish.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Harley-CA

Partnerships and Biz Plans - Posted by Jim Lerman

Posted by Jim Lerman on July 23, 2001 at 18:42:55:

Although new to RE investing, my cousin and I want to form a partnership and tag-team on the creative buying opportunities that exist today. We also want to approach wealthy individuals we know for money when we cannot do “no money down.”

Does anyone have suggestions on a Business Plan (simple or otherwise) that we could put together to present to the money folks which would outline our plans, goals, and what we can offer them as a “return on investment?” Are there Biz Plan “models” out there for seeking this type of R.E. investment capital?

Thanks in advance for the help.

-JL in L.A.