Park Models - Posted by Eli

Posted by Eli on August 25, 2004 at 16:56:15:

Steve thanks for your post. You really made me laugh, it is funny how some people on this forum make others blow up. Anyway to everyone on this forum TELL IT HOW IT IS WITH ME!!! PLEASE I BEG YOU, I dont want any responses, that are held back and less valuable for that reason. You dont have to walk on eggshells with me. And to those of you that do tell it how it is (Steve thats you too) THANKS!!!

Park Models - Posted by Eli

Posted by Eli on August 25, 2004 at 16:15:13:

I am currently looking at a small 30 unit park that only has room for park models. I have looked into park models before and I have been absolutely confused about the “logic” behind the sales prices. The homes are half the size of mobile homes and they cost at least double the price.

The only thing that I can come up with is supply and demand, I dont know the history behind them, but it appears that they are generally newer so I ASSUME that there is greater demand, because there is no old ones to bring down the demand. Besides that I cant find any logic behind the VERY HIGH PRICES. Maybee there are cheaper ones out there, but I sure havent found them yet.

If anyone has any explanations to the high prices on these little units could you please let me know. Thanks in advance

Re: Park Models - Posted by wick spears

Posted by wick spears on August 26, 2004 at 21:20:52:

What is a “park model”? I have flood plain issues

Re: Park Models - Posted by The55+GuyFromAZ

Posted by The55+GuyFromAZ on August 25, 2004 at 20:51:09:

From my expeience (and believe me, I’ve looked)… a decently appointed new one averages about $30k.

I had an idea once to buy a rv park in the piney-woods, pack-a-bunch of these things in there (with cedar siding and tin-metal roofs… aka - the log cabin look) and do a condo-park… sell the park model, lease the lot.

It could be big.

Its your government - Posted by Gavin Wilkinson

Posted by Gavin Wilkinson on August 25, 2004 at 19:07:27:

They are legally RV’s. So you don’t need any permits to set them up (yet). So if you have a space that does not meet codes, if you have a flood plain issue, a wetlands issue, a lot size issue, a growth moratorium issue, a cranky neighbor issue, a setback issue, etc. YOUR IN LUCK!

Just drive that park model up, park it and you are ready to go. No hassles. No inspections. Just like mobile homes should be.

I could use a couple myself…

Re: Park Models - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on August 25, 2004 at 16:21:27:

as I understand it, and assuming that you won’t use this reply as a fuse to blow you up, they are RVs. They can be hitched to anything that will pull the weight, and moved at will. No toter needed.

Portability upping the value? I dunno. I also do not know anything about how they’re built, but I bet it ain’t two-by-twos and staples.

or maybe it is.

Re: Park Models - Posted by Gavin Wilkinson

Posted by Gavin Wilkinson on August 27, 2004 at 14:27:31:

A park model is a small mobile home that legally is a RV. An RV can be parked (at least today) without a permit. In California they are limited to 400 square feet or less.