PARK CLOSING. Who pays to relocate tennants? - Posted by Trailermonkey

Posted by Don-Ny on March 27, 2006 at 17:44:36:

Well Spelling Cop, that would explain the Brown nose

PARK CLOSING. Who pays to relocate tennants? - Posted by Trailermonkey

Posted by Trailermonkey on March 26, 2006 at 11:08:21:

I have 60 homes that I am currently owner financing in one particular park in Texas. The park was foreclosed on, and the new owners plan on re-zoning the land to build site built track homes on the property. The new owners are honoring the existing leases, but all others are on a month to month lease. My question is:
Are the new owners obligated to assist/pay to relocate these peoples homes? These folks belong to the lower socioeconomic group, and have little or no discretionary income. I assume that if they are not assisted in moving their homes, that most will simply be homeless.
Is anyone familiar with Texas laws pertaining to this? There must be some remedy available to these people. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

its TRACT homes!! - Posted by Spelling Cop

Posted by Spelling Cop on March 26, 2006 at 14:40:27:

what sense does “track” homes make?

sheesh!

Re: PARK CLOSING. Who pays to relocate tennants? - Posted by Eddie-MI

Posted by Eddie-MI on March 26, 2006 at 13:58:50:

The residents will be given plenty of notice that they need to vacate the lot (and probably will receive some moving money). You are in a precarious position having the notes on collateral that is going to be uprooted.

I believe the long and short of it is… you will be responsible for the relocation of your units not the park. To breakdown, move, and setup a home costs costs 2000 dollars. Then the resident needs a new skirting kit. Some residents may abandon there home, some might stop paying you, some might not be able to afford it.

To coordinate the move of 60 units is a 6 month ordeal and probably costs 75,000 to 100,000 dollars. You should make plans as soon as possible to start this. If you could buy a park with a lot of vacant lots- this could be a great situation. Or you could be able to find a park to pay you to fill there lots.

Re: PARK CLOSING. Who pays to relocate tennants? - Posted by Todd (AZ)

Posted by Todd (AZ) on March 26, 2006 at 13:28:44:

Hi Trailermonkey, I, too, have wondered the same thing and have found, in Arizona, the park must pay up to $5,000 for a singlewide to help the owners relocate in the event of a park closure. I believe I read this in the Landlord/Tenant laws applicable to MH parks. Now, whether or not that applies to the owner who owns 60 mobiles and is not the tenant, I am not sure but the Landlord/Tenant laws might be a good place to start. Todd (AZ) P.S…If/when you find the answer about the LIENHOLDER getting any money, please let me know? Thanks.

Re: its TRACT homes!! - Posted by Bill (in GA)

Posted by Bill (in GA) on March 26, 2006 at 22:07:36:

Daer Msiter Poilceamn:

Teh hmoes aer on tcrak ot be biult.

Splelnig clarely ins’t ervythnig ot good cmmounciatoin.

• Bill (in GA)

Re: its TRACT homes!! - Posted by trailermonkey

Posted by trailermonkey on March 26, 2006 at 16:25:59:

Wow, I am so impressed with your command of the English language! Maybe when you grow up, you could be a gameshow host! I would venture to guess that you were the spelling bee champion in grade school! I know your mother must be so proud of you. By the way, I tried to look up “sheesh” in the Websters dictionary, but coud not find it. Let me know if you have any extra time, I would love to have a genius such as yourself tutor this ol country boy! In the meantime find a life!

Re: PARK CLOSING. Who pays to relocate tennants? - Posted by KPC

Posted by KPC on March 28, 2006 at 17:21:58:

Hey Todd, you probably already know this, but AZ has a relocation assistance program for tenants who own their mobiles and rent their spaces. Link is below. Relocation is available for change of use and rent increase. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

http://www.dbfs.state.az.us/department_form_downloads.htm#RELOCATION%20FUND

Re: PARK CLOSING. Who pays to relocate tennants? - Posted by Bill (in GA)

Posted by Bill (in GA) on March 26, 2006 at 22:01:52:

Could you let me know as well? This is the heart of a question I asked yesterday – your situation is the one I have the most concern for right now.

Thanks!

• Bill (in GA)

as a matter of fact - Posted by Spelling Cop

Posted by Spelling Cop on March 27, 2006 at 14:19:14:

second grade. I got a chocolate bunny, and the photos to prove it

;-)3