Over 200 calls on my ad! - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Mark W. on April 06, 2001 at 22:17:36:

Excuse me I’m a newbie. What is a chesco?

Over 200 calls on my ad! - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on April 04, 2001 at 23:03:40:

I gotta tell you, my voice mail has never been full before, but the last 2 days it has been. (While checking my vm the recording came on saying it was too full and no one could leave anymore messages until I cleared some)

I ran a simple rent to own ad in my daily paper…and boy oh boy is the darn phone ringing off the hook. The best part is, that out of the 200 plus calls, I have:

5 - 10 folks wanting to just straight purchase it :slight_smile:
1 guy who wants to purchase it with $25k down and wants it AS-IS!
1 guy who calls me at least 3 times a week, trying to work with me to see if he and his wife can get it.
2 folks that are already pre-approved.
3 folks that want to use section 8 (I made a note of that, because section 8 stuff is on my list of things to do)
About 180 or so that want to rent to own, some of which have ok credit, but think for some reason or another they can’t get a mortgage.
And last but not least, I have a handful of people that just want to rent. (also another note made for them in the future)

You may be asking yourself, well darn Carey, why don’t you sell that thing…well there’s a little issue with the title still, that I’m waiting on, but at least when that issue is taken care of, I have some good candidates to choose from. I gotta tell ya, that helps me sleep a little better at night. lol

I’m sorry I missed you guys in Georgia, I had sooo many questions for Hal, Jim Piper, Scott from OK, Ed Garcia, and so many more. I’ll surely see you next year.

Thanks,

CAREY

??? - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on April 05, 2001 at 15:00:31:

ummm… gee, Carey… seein’s how I’m in Florida, and thus no competitor to you… Do you mind sharing what ad you ran that netted that kind of response? That’s astronomical!

WOW… - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on April 05, 2001 at 11:21:51:

what a great response to your ad! And you thought you’d have a challenge selling it quickly-ha!

Only one problem- how long will it take you to find 200 or so properties to satisfy your list of folks??

What a GREAT problem to have!

Scott

PS - Posted by SueC

Posted by SueC on April 05, 2001 at 08:33:05:

What paper did you run this in? A Chesco paper? and definitely build that database of folks interested in L/O and renting.

Re: Over 200 calls on my ad! - Posted by SueC

Posted by SueC on April 05, 2001 at 08:28:17:

Great going Carey! Hope I’ll get some inside scoop when we hook up sooner or later :slight_smile:

your ad - Posted by scott in va

Posted by scott in va on April 04, 2001 at 23:42:57:

If you dont mind what did your ad say to get all the calls.Thanks in advance Scott

Re: Over 200 calls on my ad! - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on April 04, 2001 at 23:23:19:

That’s great! You can feel free to send a few of those callers up my way. I’ve been lucky to get a dozen on my last couple of rent-to-own ads…and NONE of them have any money!

Sorry you weren’t able to make it to Atlanta. Your name came up…I forget who I was talking with…but they wanted to meet you. But we decided none of us had seen you, so hope you can make it next year.

Brian (NY)

the Daily Local (yes, chesco) - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on April 05, 2001 at 21:39:52:

Yeah tell me about it, i’ve got databases coming out of my behind…now I just gotta find these people a place to live.

Hey I even have a woman that calls me up every couple days and leaves all the fsbo’s in the neighborhood that she finds. (she’s definitely at the top of my list to get her into a house, because she’s such a sweetheart)

I’ll give you a call this weekend, if not tomorrow.