Other than Bandit Signs - Posted by Jake

Posted by David Alexander on April 09, 2005 at 21:34:57:

When running ads in the paper… you have your competition… running right next to you…

2 things have to happen…

1. You have to answer the phone live…
  2. You have to have the ability to move quickly… Like set an appointemnt for 20 minutes after you get off the phone…

Otherwise they keep calling the other ads… which… they will probably do anyway…

I used to buy a ton of houses in the afternoon before my competition the part time investor got home from work… when they used voicemails in their and couldn’t return the call till alter in the day…

Not the same problem with banditsigns… they only see your banditsign if your doing it right…

David Alexander

You can still answer live if you wish… just get a voiceamil that has a forwarding feature… then forward it to your cell…

Ringcentral.com or FreedomVoice.com… or type in voicemails on the web… you’ll find a ton…

Other than Bandit Signs - Posted by Jake

Posted by Jake on April 07, 2005 at 19:42:36:

What other forms of advertising have you used that you have found to be effective, or not? I just found out my city has a $300 fine for bandit signs, even though their are a ton of them everywhere. Is a WE BUY HOUSES in the Sunday paper a good way to find deals? Thanks.

Re: Other than Bandit Signs - Posted by Brett

Posted by Brett on April 08, 2005 at 07:25:15:

It has worked for us but the most effective way has been the signs.

Re: Other than Bandit Signs - Posted by Jake

Posted by Jake on April 08, 2005 at 11:27:49:

How effective have the signs been, and are they illegal in your area?

Posted by Brett on April 08, 2005 at 11:54:11:

I probably receive 5 to 10 phone calls a week from the signs and we have not been contacted by anyone saying they are illegal. I have probaly 60-75 signs out as well.

Posted by Jake on April 08, 2005 at 12:28:52:

Thanks for the info. How does that response rate compare with other things you have used such as newspaper ads or pennysaver ads? That is a good number of calls you get, what does your sign say?

Thanks Brett

Posted by Brett on April 08, 2005 at 12:32:15:

the newspaper ads are close to getting the same response but the signs seem to get the most calls.

My sign says:
WE BUY HOUSES
CASH or TERMS
No Equity=No Problem

304-550-4339

Black print on 12x18 yellow corrugated plastic.

Re: Other than Bandit Signs - Posted by Arnold

Posted by Arnold on April 08, 2005 at 19:14:29:

Where do you order such a sign? Anywhere make them cheap? Do you put them in the ground or on poles?

Posted by Jake on April 08, 2005 at 12:39:07:

Thanks Brett. Nice website also. Doesn’t putting the website on the sign make it easier for for some city official to figure out who’s sign it is?

Posted by Brett on April 09, 2005 at 09:26:10:

http://www.supercheapsigns.com/realestate.htm

I put about 36 on stakes and put them in the ground but they don’t last long so I started nailing them to telephone/electric poles. I bought the 12x18 yellow signs with black lettering with the corrugated plastic running horizontally but I am thinking about buying them next time with the corrugation running vertically and using a few H-Wires. Not sure yet. Ones on the ground are easier for people to tear down whether it is on an H-Wire or on a stake. So I try to nail them high up on a pole.

Also, my partner came up with the idea of using zip-ties so we could put them on metal poles. It was a WONDERFUL idea. Keep in mind though, your signs won’t stay up long so you have to keep going out and replacing them or putting up new ones.

Re: Other than Bandit Signs - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on April 09, 2005 at 20:16:11:

Putting your website on your banditsigns will reduce the amount calls you get…

Stick to using a number and a voicemail or answering it live…

David Alexander

Posted by Brett on April 08, 2005 at 12:53:50:

Not concerned really. They post signs all over the place where I live and like I said, no one has called my number telling me that I CAN’T do it.

Thanks about the website…it still needs work but it will do for now.

Re: Other than Bandit Signs - Posted by John

Posted by John on April 09, 2005 at 21:12:01:

David, would you give the ame advice concerning an ad in the paper. I was considering getting a separate voicemail that is not as easily traced back to me for the bandit signs since they are illegal, but then I can’t answer it live (and it doesn’t seem like most people will leave a msg).