Opportunity is knocking............ - Posted by Dave Fl.

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler on February 18, 2004 at 23:45:43:

When it sounds too good to be true, maybe it is. Always look gift horses in the mouth, especially if after taking you to lunch he asks you to pay.

This may be a great opportunity opening up for you, but…

Why do I smell a con coming? Take care if he asks you to put up ANY money.

Regards, doc

Opportunity is knocking… - Posted by Dave Fl.

Posted by Dave Fl. on February 18, 2004 at 13:32:43:

on my door. literally, last Monday and again this morning a gentleman knocked on my door, asked if I had any buyers for mobile homes but had no money. As you may know, I am the dreaded PM. He said he is an investor and is looking for places to put his money. We quickly got past the Lonnie deals and started talking about the RV park he wants to develope on 40 acres he owns not 2 miles from my house. Asked what I would recommend in the MH business. I suggested a few land/home packages and that made good sense to him. Didn’t want to fool around with low end lots, thought the 50-60 grand lots with late model, nice homes would produce better sales. Said he would put up the cash if I can put together some profitable deals. Is this opportunity knocking? So now I’m looking for some good lots within say, 50 miles of Sarasota/Bradenton area.
Tomorrow I will call this man , maybe have lunch, and see if he is interested in buying a MHP, his money, my expertise, or MHP/RV park just up the road from me that can stand some serious upgrading. That would fit nicely with his desire of developing a high end RV park where you own your own lots and pay maintenance. He’s thinking about 40 acres of Prevost, Barth and the like, RV’s. Any one have any thoughts on this? Or ideas that could turn a profit. All of a sudden, money seems to be not the problem. If it sounds like I’m looking for ways to separate this man from his money, I’m not, I’m looking for ways to become a long term partner. Comments appreciated
Thanks
Dave Fl.