Opinions on this mobile home purchase please... - Posted by David F Ankenbrant

Posted by Phil Pelletier on July 14, 2003 at 01:14:10:

Be careful. You don’t have as much control over the siuation as you might think. Once you gain control over the home (i.e. you are living there and paying lot rent as well as your payment to the previous owners), you are not allowed to rent the place out (in most cases, anyway), and you will have to pay lot rent even if you decide to leave the place to pursue other things. Mobiles are tough to get rid of these days. Know what you are getting into and have a clear exit strategy before you buy.

Phil Pelletier

Opinions on this mobile home purchase please… - Posted by David F Ankenbrant

Posted by David F Ankenbrant on July 11, 2003 at 14:37:01:

My friends who just got married are getting/looking for a new home, and want to sell their mobile home,its a 1986, in good shape except needs a new carpet (they had pets), new kitchen linoleum, and new paint for the inside walls would be beneficial. The asking price is $5000.00 - and i could pay them every month about $150 to $200 as a rent to own kind of deal. I’d probably have it paid off in 2 1/2 years or so.

I was thinking that as a stepping stone to getting a home in the future, i could either sell the mobile home in the future, or rent it out for an extra income. I am currently living in a one bedroom apartment and a bigger place like a mobile home, and possibly this opportunity could be very good.

Anybody wanting to give opinions on this please do…my
e-mail address is: david@davidapub.com - Thanks very much in advance! - Sincerely, David Ankenbrant~