Opening a real estate company? - Posted by DeAnn

Posted by Rob Ricker on June 20, 2005 at 22:57:38:

Flat Fee doesn’t always mean less than full service. There’s a company in TN doing just this and theit business keeps climbing. I bet a flat fee, full service realtor in California would get alot of business … but then again why would he/she want to make less for the same work?

Opening a real estate company? - Posted by DeAnn

Posted by DeAnn on June 20, 2005 at 22:31:08:

I have been a Realtor for almost a decade and I am getting my broker’s license now. I am planning to open a flat fee company. Any suggestions on getting some backers to fund this venture? This will be in the Atlanta area and I have some unique things I will be offering, but I would like to eventually franchise it. I would like to find backers so that we can really advertise the new company via radio and billboards. Any suggestions on finding the right money people?

DeAnn

Flat fee in Calif. - Posted by sans

Posted by sans on June 20, 2005 at 22:43:52:

Doesn’t seem to work here. After it initially was tested in 2003 it had a buzz for a while then fizzled away to oblivion. Just didn’t seem to sell homes. Sellers make lowsy agents. Even discount brokers are not reeping the market share one would expect. Seems Technology works good for searching homes at home but yet to be a substitute for experience.

Good luck though.

Re: Opening a real estate company? - Posted by adam

Posted by adam on June 20, 2005 at 22:39:20:

im not too sure as far as institutional lenders but im sure you wouldnt have any trouble finding private money if you want to go that route