Online tax records? - Posted by Charity

Posted by IB (NJ) on August 15, 2001 at 05:27:49:

Hi Stacy. Thanks for the information. I’m just a little confused on a couple of things.

(1) Wen you make the distinction between “MLS” and TAX DATABASE, are you talking about 2 different versions of the win2data program? Or are you talking about 2 separate programs?

(2) Does the win2data program give you recent comparable sales info of your local area?

Thanks in advance.

Online tax records? - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on May 11, 2001 at 11:11:31:

Is there a place online where you can pay to search tax records? I have access to all metro Atlanta listings, but I need access to counties in other states and outside my local area to get mailing addresses, assessed values, etc. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!
Charity

Re: Online tax records? - Posted by Len(nyc)

Posted by Len(nyc) on May 11, 2001 at 12:51:00:

try netronline.com

Re: FARES - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on May 11, 2001 at 12:29:42:

First American Real Estate Solutions (FARES) allows for online searches of hundreds of counties in the US. If you’re looking for a pay-service, you might want to check them out. The product is called Win2Data. Here’s the link:

http://www.firstamres.com/Products/html/Win2Data2000.html

Stacy

Re: Online tax records? - Posted by steve

Posted by steve on May 11, 2001 at 11:19:32:

Charity,
Most MLS systems allow access to county tax records in their immediate areas. Call the real estate commissions of the state you are interested in and ask for the numbers to the MLS system. Also many counties now provide online service through a server or the internet. Call the specific county and ask for assistance.

Re: FARES - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on August 14, 2001 at 14:45:20:

Hi Stacy. I just dug this one up in the archives. I visited the site to check out the product win2data. This stuff looks pretty good. It looks like the information generated by the program would be as good as the comps the Realtors have. Is this an accurate assessment and will they sell to Investors?

Re: Online tax records? - Posted by Jim Upchurch

Posted by Jim Upchurch on May 11, 2001 at 12:01:39:

I had a rep in my office a few months back from a company called “Courthouse Retrieval System”. I did not sign up but the rep stated it allows internet access to tax records.

I am not sure if they are in all areas; you can call him to find out. His name is Rick Gildard call him at 800-374-7488.

Good luck…

Jim Upchurch

Re: FARES - Posted by Stacy(AZ)

Posted by Stacy(AZ) on August 14, 2001 at 15:06:18:

I am a FARES user. Since I deal only in a single county, I get the county CD-ROMs mailed to me once a month. However, you could opt to go with the online service if you wanted to. Just depends on the price you’re willing to pay. It’s not cheap.

The database only has tax information. The MLS has much more information, such as descriptions of improvements done to the house, and details that realtors add in. The tax database is much richer and more full of info than most people realize, but it’s not as detailed as the MLS.

However, I use it for comps, and am satisfied.

Hope that helps.

Stacy