online billboards - Posted by Djmac

Posted by djmac on January 23, 2009 at 17:45:20:

Great idea! Thanks Bob. With postlets that makes my question irrelevent. :slight_smile:

online billboards - Posted by Djmac

Posted by Djmac on January 23, 2009 at 12:47:59:

I would like to get your opinions here, how much better is craigslist compared to backpage and other free online billboards for attracting eyeballs? Any experiences to share? Thanks

David

Past experience - Posted by Rich-CA

Posted by Rich-CA on January 23, 2009 at 17:47:11:

I have not advertised myself recently, but when I did the number of good leads I got from Backpage was twice the Craigslist. Now Craigslist got me more contacts, but it was all bargain hunters looking for me to come down significantly in price whereas backpage leads generally were people looking for what was being advertised. This is a couple years old, but I keep all the emails so I can evaluate the effectiveness.

For example, in Phoenix the #1 way to generate calls is the AZ Republic (paper). BUT of over a hundred contacts, not one was acceptable. So the number of contacts is misleading. You really need the number of qualified contacts and that is a little harder to pin down.

Oh, and some metro areas have more internet lead generation than others.

Re: online billboards - Posted by R. Kim

Posted by R. Kim on January 23, 2009 at 17:12:03:

David, rather than just hit them one at a time, I think Postlets is still free and will allow you to hit many at once such as Craigslist, Trulia, Zillow, etc.

This being said, I don’t know how much better Craigslist is but if you hit them all at once, it may not matter.

–
Bob