One Year Ago Today: - Posted by Steve-WA

Re: One Year Ago Today: - Posted by Todd (AZ)

Posted by Todd (AZ) on December 01, 2006 at 19:34:06:

Awesome Steve. Definately one to print and refer to. Thanks for the insight. Great job. Todd (AZ)

Re: One Year Ago Today: - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on December 01, 2006 at 19:33:29:

Hi Steve,
Congratulations! And thanks for sharing such an inspirational success story. Wonder how many people this will inspire to GOTC & make that same step. Betcha there will be some.
Wishing you all the best,
Lonnie

Happy Anniversary! - Posted by Donna in AZ

Posted by Donna in AZ on December 01, 2006 at 18:47:52:

What an inspirational e-mail - I love reading true stories that show it can be done, and within 5 years! Thanks for the help you’ve passed to this newbie.

Donna in AZ

Re: One Year Ago Today: - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on December 01, 2006 at 18:39:34:

Not only have you secured freedom for you & your family, but
your generosity in sharing your knowledge has helped many
others. It wasn’t that long ago that you & Ryan each held my
hands & walked me through my 1st L/O. I am proud to call you
friend, & I thank you for all you have done for the rest of us.
Happy Anniversary, kid!

Tye

Re: One year ago… - Posted by Dave Fl.

Posted by Dave Fl. on December 04, 2006 at 16:30:16:

Is this the same GM that said he was not going to post here anymore? Glad to see you changed your mind, you were always a valuable asset to this site.

define “retire” - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on December 02, 2006 at 17:19:39:

I believe that you are referring to passive income. And yes, it has been noted many times before that a LD business is not passive, because the notes do run out (by design, anyway). But it is seed money into other, higher equity, more passive investing.

I want to continually work, not need to. And its not as you describe - I never work a 40 hour week - usually 25 max. And those are hours with less fat - I get more return for an hour of work NOW than I ever have my whole life before.

I do not proclaim a LD business as the brass ring, now fish and golf til you die. that sounds boring anyway. But it is freedom, mostly in the fact that my rewards are directly proportional to my efforts. I am in comtrol of my family’s future.