? on NC MH License - Posted by Mark_EastNC

Posted by ScottS(NC) on March 06, 2003 at 10:05:01:

Mark,

Ditto, I was told the exact same thing as Dianne and I applaud her common sense and not rushing out to get a uneeded license. Raleigh is where all NC titles are processed thats who I talked to. HTH Take Care ScottS(NC)

? on NC MH License - Posted by Mark_EastNC

Posted by Mark_EastNC on March 01, 2003 at 11:46:33:

I have researched the archives and been unable to come up with any info regarding this area. I have searched on the web and in my county but have not come up with anything specific concerning this. I would appreciate it if anyone doing Lonnie Deals in NC would head me in the correct direction. In addition, are there any particular hurdles or pitfalls I should be aware of? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Mark

Re: ? on NC MH License - Posted by Garry

Posted by Garry on March 03, 2003 at 20:49:46:

Mark, where in East NC are you? I too need same info.
Garry- loggerhead@clis.com

Re: ? on NC MH License - Posted by Garry

Posted by Garry on March 03, 2003 at 20:47:11:

Mark, where in East NC are you. I too need same info.
Garry- loggerhead@clis.com

Re: ? on NC MH License - Posted by Diane (NC)

Posted by Diane (NC) on March 02, 2003 at 04:35:34:

I live in Rutherford County NC and was getting conflicting information about whether or not I had to become a dealer. I know the people who operate our local tag office, so I asked them to call Raleigh for answers.

According to an official in Raleigh we do not have to get a dealer’s license. They just want to make sure that we are not skipping title. As long as we pay the $35 transfer fee, they are happy. From the information I received at the tag office, I think there is a lot of red tape involved in becoming a dealer.

Also, the girl at our local office told me that people buy and resell used mobile homes all the time in our county without a dealer’s license, and there doesn’t seem to be a problem.

This was the most definitive answer I could get. Hope it helps!

Diane

Re: ? on NC MH License - Posted by Mark_EastNC

Posted by Mark_EastNC on March 04, 2003 at 14:47:08:

Garry,
I e-mailed you where I am located.

Regards,
Mark

Re: ? on NC MH License - Posted by Mark_EastNC

Posted by Mark_EastNC on March 03, 2003 at 15:21:02:

Thanks Diane for your answer. I am just wondering if what you have been told is a county by county office choice? I guess that the ice storm in the western part of NC has knocked out power to many folks that post here.

Regards, Mark

P.S. I am in the Asheville area(NT) - Posted by ScottS(NC)

Posted by ScottS(NC) on March 06, 2003 at 10:07:06: