Old Broadmore Mobile Home Parts - Posted by John L

Posted by lynn on February 20, 2007 at 20:31:59:

could some one tell me what company made broadmore

Old Broadmore Mobile Home Parts - Posted by John L

Posted by John L on June 08, 2005 at 20:38:27:

Hi All,

I have a '79 Broadmore 3X2 that I will be doing a lease option on. Since older 3X2?s are very hard to find around, I actually had to have the home moved into this park that allows me to do what I do. The home was not even up there for a day and I received a call from a prospective buyer/tenant. They like the home except for a few things which I have no problem fixing because if I could fix it for a few hundred dollars and it keeps them happier, why not?
The issue is in the living room. The room leaked over the winter, so I will tar the roof but there is some water damage in the living room. There are white panels that go the width of the home and are interlocking. I wish to replace them but I do not know where to find parts for Broadmore mobile homes. I have tried to Google Broadmore to no avail. I think if I put up sheetrock, I will have to do the entire thing instead of an area that is roughly 6? wide.
Would anyone have any ideas as to where I could purchase the panels?
I would be more than happy to email pictures of the ceiling.

Thanks!! JDL

Re: Old Broadmore Mobile Home Parts - Posted by SHIRL

Posted by SHIRL on March 09, 2007 at 18:51:35:

we have a trailer and are in need of a bathtub/shower stall. Have looked at all the home do it yourself centers but most parts are too wide, wanted to purchase just the tub portion, ours cracked and is leaking under the floor boards…does anyone know where we might look to find this part?

Re: Old Broadmore Mobile Home Parts - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on June 10, 2005 at 12:50:02:

John,
Tony had posted in the past about handling a situation like this. If the panels are sagging the technique, as I recall, was to spray them with water (from a spray bottle… wet them down but not sopping wet as it were) and prop a piece of plywood under them supported by 2x4’s. Leave it overnight or so until dry, and when you take the plywood down the ceiling panels will stay where they were propped. Prime with oil based Kilz and paint the area to a good cut-off point at the end of a hall or piece of trim.
As the others have said, the clientelle we serve is not all that fussy. They want basic housing that is affordable and that’s about it.
Lyal

Re: Old Broadmore Mobile Home Parts - Posted by jp(sc)

Posted by jp(sc) on June 09, 2005 at 06:34:15:

I don’t think you’ll ever find parts for a Broadmore mobile home. MH parts stores aren’t like a Advanced Auto where you just specify your make/model/year and they pull the part. MH stores carry a lot of generic stuff that works in most homes. Your local store will probably have ceiling panels but most likely they won’t match. If Kilz won’t work…just put them up anyway and paint the ceiling the same color. I’d be very surprised if any prospective buyer even notices or cares about the mismatched panel.

Re: Old Broadmore Mobile Home Parts - Posted by will (WA)

Posted by will (WA) on June 08, 2005 at 22:10:38:

Hi John,
Just to be sure you looking for the 12 foot long cellulose ceiling tiles, correct?

I did a rehab where I had to replace the whole 8X10 tip out ceiling and 1 whole 12X4 foot section in a bedroom and a few smaller pieces becasue of bad roof damage. I found a local MH parts place that special ordered them for me. Email me and I’ll send you thier website.

One thing to think about is unless they are really bad, kilz will cover the water stains if that the problem.

will(wa)

for that matter, - Posted by Steve-WA

Posted by Steve-WA on June 09, 2005 at 10:31:51:

same thing with a sheetrock patch - at least its fixed, they’ll think.

Re: Old Broadmore Mobile Home Parts - Posted by John L

Posted by John L on June 10, 2005 at 15:15:15:

All,

Thank you for the quick information. I thought about it long and hard - I will get some super thin panelling and put it up instead. It will let the room stay bright and also keep the same consistency.

Happy Investing,

JDL