Ohio Dealers License - Posted by Victor-Ohio

Posted by Victor-Ohio on January 16, 2006 at 11:40:36:

Looks like I’ll have to change my name - I’ll from the Akon area. Know anyone doing this in my area? What part of the state do you work in?

Ohio Dealers License - Posted by Victor-Ohio

Posted by Victor-Ohio on January 14, 2006 at 08:49:56:

I started this biz after reading Lonnie’s books last April. I’ve sold two MHs using financing and am currently working on selling my third. I know the subject of an Ohio Delears License has been discussed before but the threads I found were 3 to 4 years old. Are those discussions still valid today? It seems that the overall direction of those posts are not to worry about getting a license. Any advice would be appreciated.

While Iam at it, is there any limit on the number of deals you can finance?
Thank you.

Re: Ohio Dealers License - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on January 14, 2006 at 23:24:05:

Victor,

If you sell more than five motor vehicles in a twelve month period, you’re required to be licenced.

All of the previous discussion in the archives on this topic for Ohio is still relavent.

Karl Kleiner

Re: Ohio Dealers License - Posted by Vic (OH, different one)

Posted by Vic (OH, different one) on January 14, 2006 at 18:40:18:

I think the total is no more than 3 bought and sold in a year here in OH. What area are you in? and I think it’s illegal for us to have the same name in this business in OH.

Re: Ohio Dealers License - Posted by sean

Posted by sean on January 14, 2006 at 09:19:15:

Karl is the king in Ohio, I am sure he will post. I think the # of transactions is limited to 6 before the state wants you to be licensed. Check out www.ohioautodealers.com and click on the section pertaining to MH. It will provide you with the legal insight and process to get set up. I have done it several times over the years so if you have questions, feel free to write.
Good Luck.