office requirements for broker license - Posted by mark

Posted by Mark (NC) on July 20, 2007 at 06:17:43:

That could be a great symbiotic relationship with a park that has a lot of spaces to fill, especially if you have a line on a lot of ready to go homes. Set up a drop box for people to leave contact information, or alternatively, a box with flyers of what you do for your clients and a business card with an invitation for them to contact you by phone.

office requirements for broker license - Posted by mark

Posted by mark on July 20, 2007 at 06:11:54:

When getting a broker licence in state of Ohio do you believe that a mobile in one of the parks would pass mustard with BMV inspectors.

1. it is over 180 sq ft
  2. it has lights
  3. it has heat
  4. you could put singage lettering on front door or next to front door( with the parks blessing of course)

Has anyone done this and passed inspection???

Ask your state Lic. Agency - Posted by blucat

Posted by blucat on July 24, 2007 at 15:08:54:

Every state has its own specific rules as what, where a REB can locate, its size, signage, etc.

Here in WA State, many, many Brokers and Agents office at home actually, and rules are fairly loose and easy.

As a RE Broker and owner of my own co., my “sign” on my home office is actually a regular business card scotch-taped to inside one front window of my home and that’s my total “signage”, and fully compliant with WA law.

My office is one small room with desk top and some file drawers and my PC.

Been audited by the State RE Commission guys two or three times and never had any adverse comments or criticisms.

When they get to what they hope will be the “meaty” part of their audit, inquiring about my Trust Account, they quickly lose interest when I tell them I don’t have one and never did, as I use a lic., bonded escrow co. for all trust funds and I won’t handle any client funds.

Re: office requirements for broker license - Posted by Gary

Posted by Gary on July 20, 2007 at 19:37:34:

If the “pass mustard” was a joke I’ll have a hot dog! LOL If not the word is “muster”.

Go right to the source - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on July 20, 2007 at 06:54:13:

Mark,

I’ve seen many parks that also have their dealers license who operate everthing out of a singlewide mobile home. I’m sure it would be fine. You just have to get your park to agree to let you do it.

One funky requirement is that no other business can operate out of the same building where you have your office. I rent my office inside the park office building. Somehow that didn’t bother the inspector. So they flex when it makes sense to.

Call Barbara at 614-752-7636. She reviews all dealer license applications and can tell you what works and what doesn’t.

Also, Ed Eckert is one of the field inspectors that comes out to verify your office is okay. Call him at 513-742-7520. He’ll answer any questions you have.

You can call them with general questions without worrying about red flagging yourself. They’re both so busy they won’t remember the call ten minutes after you’ve made it.

One more item I forgot. You have to have a non-interest bearing escrow bank account for funds you collect on behalf of buyers when you broker deals. If you only ever sell your own, that account will always be at zero! But its a requirement for Broker’s license.

Of course, its still my opinion that you can fly under the radar indefinitely if you want. You’re not going to get busted because you transfered six titles in one month.

Karl