Ocean Front Condos - Posted by Jay

Posted by Roundhouse on April 26, 2004 at 14:18:40:

My parents bought one in St Augustine FL.

worked out real good for them, they bought it about ten years ago for $54K, was the cheapest condo in the oldest complex on the beach.
built in 74
the rent and tax deductions combined made the payments, the units are now selling for $160K

vacation rental is in many ways better than residential rentals, IU have been at their house when the mgt calls, and says “Mr Condo owner, the cleaning service says a coffee cup is missing, would you like for us to charge the guests for it?”

just be wary of the mgt renting your unit and keeping the $$, this happened to one of their friends that owned a unit in the same complex, someone wanted to rent it , and instead of the owner just doing it, the owner referred the renter to the mgt office, but never got paid for it. they rented it and kept the $$.

Ocean Front Condos - Posted by Jay

Posted by Jay on April 23, 2004 at 14:45:37:

I would like to hear from anyone who has beach condos that they have used as mainly rental property. I bought one last October and it seems to be doing OK so far, but I will be able to tell a lot more after the summer. I understand that special assessments are always a factor. This property is only 5 years old and has not had any special assessments yet.

Re: Ocean Front Condos - Posted by steve smith

Posted by steve smith on June 22, 2005 at 22:00:26:

Jay,
Just curious,where is your condo and what was the cost / rental rate.
Would like to find something beach side also.