Obtaining Comps - Posted by Will Bryant

Posted by arlanj on October 08, 2004 at 13:17:56:

If you have bought a few houses using the same realtor and can’t get a quick response, I would find a better business partner. That one is too fat, not hungry enough to take care of the hand that feeds him.

I have bought 6 houses from the same realtor and he is a valuable asset to me. He knows I am an active buyer and seller, he makes money off me, he sees to it that I am contacted.

Obtaining Comps - Posted by Will Bryant

Posted by Will Bryant on October 08, 2004 at 12:12:27:

I am in the St. of Washington and I am having trouble pulling compatibles|comps on a subject property. Can you send me some advise on how to get comps at a reasonable price and or in a timely manor. I do have connections with a Real Estate agent but I am running into problems with his time and when I request a comp it takes a few days to get a response. Is there any other resources to get comps? thank you much
William Bryant

Re: Obtaining Comps - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on October 09, 2004 at 15:23:41:

Will,

Have you given some of the online comp services a try?

Here are a few that may help you out.

www.homeradar.com

www.domania.com

Regards,

RichV(FL)

Re: Obtaining Comps - Posted by Darren

Posted by Darren on October 08, 2004 at 17:35:36:

You definitely want someone who is more responsive. However, for comps, you can have your agent send you 6 months worth at one time for a specific area and sort them via Excel. You can get your own using the Sunday paper if yours has completed transactions data or you can try a free service online like Homegain.com which isn’t available in all areas. I’ve heard the free online comps aren’t all that good. There are also paid services like First Amercian Real Estate you can try. Find a way. Happy hunting