Notesmith Technical Support (Gun to my head) - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by DougO(NM) on July 11, 2001 at 17:38:20:

Well, if I’d known about it I might have hopped a Southwest Flight and come down for the bull session.
Appreciate your input

Take Care

Doug

Notesmith Technical Support (Gun to my head) - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on July 10, 2001 at 23:51:02:

I have a Notesmith question. I purchased the Notesmith 2000 early last year. Since January, the program has reminded me every time I’ve opened it that my technical support has expired as of 12/31/00. I don’t care, I’ve never contacted them.

Now I have a “Final Expiration Warning”, and a message that my program file is out of date. Notesmith has a more current program file on their website that can be downloaded, but it didn’t solve my problem.

Do Notesmith users have to renew their “technical support” privileges each year for $159 in order to keep the program running?

I’ve sent Notesmith technical support this same question tonight, but wondered if anyone here knows the answer.

Karl Kleiner

Re: Notesmith Technical Support (Gun to my head) - Posted by DougO(NM)

Posted by DougO(NM) on July 11, 2001 at 09:14:38:

Program file out of date means that you should hop onto their web site and download the lastest files. They call this freshening. As far as the Tech Support goes, I don’t believe you HAVE (no gun to head) to buy it every year for the program to operate, but for what it’s worth, why wouldn’t you want to? It’s not alot of money and as with most software programs, it’s usually best to be current and have access to the company.

My .02 of free advice and worth at least that much!

Doug

Gee, you’d think… (on a different subject) - Posted by Eric C

Posted by Eric C on July 11, 2001 at 12:00:11:

… that I’d be able to get back to you more quickly!

Hi Doug -

Got to tell you that I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about you.

I wish you’d had a chance to be at our little Austin get together last Sat night. It would have been nice to have some feedback from your part of the country and investment style (and you could have protected me from JHyre)

Anyway, I’ve been searching through my “stuff” (notes, books, boxes, etc) for enough material to put together a coherent email for you.

Shouldn’t be too long now. Your patience is much appreciated.

Yours,

Eric C