Notes Course - Posted by Rodney

Posted by John Corey on December 08, 2005 at 05:33:57:

Rodney,

IMHO it helps to have a RE investing background so you can understand how deals are underwritten.

Have you tried reading the forum ‘cash flow’ on this site. The folks who are in the note business tend to be there rather than this ‘finance’ forum.

Notworthy is a good suggestions. See the other post for the URL.

Are you mostly trying to broker deals or do you want to invest your capital and watch it grow?

You will find there are a lot of newbies who have no money, little knowledge and dreams of riches who are trying to broker notes. Almost none of them know how to put a deal together. They just want to collect information and the put the note up for sale at some large mark up.

It helps that you have capital as the capital will let you perform on deals before the other new brokers can collect a quote. Finding people who can actually close a deal is a challenge when dealing with most people who say they are brokering.

John Corey

Notes Course - Posted by Rodney

Posted by Rodney on December 07, 2005 at 21:47:17:

I am very “green” to the paper/note thing, but it sounds like that is definitely the direction I need to move in. So the question is, which of the note course would be best suited for a beginner but still has enough content to get me through some small starter transactions.

Many thanks in advance!

Re: Notes Course - Posted by Carl (FL)

Posted by Carl (FL) on December 09, 2005 at 08:56:30:

Many years ago I bought a course from Ted Ciuba (I think that is the spelling). It was an excellent course and at that time I could call him on the phine directly for help. I’m not sure if he is still selling the course, it was expensive, but well worth it.

Carl

Re: Notes Course - Posted by Randy (SD)

Posted by Randy (SD) on December 08, 2005 at 13:29:46:

The answer to your question depends on what role you wish to play in the note business (as previously posted) do you want to buy notes for your own portfolio, or broker existing notes for a fee?

Terry Vaughan offers an excellent course right here on this web site “Paper into Gold” http://www.creonline.com/catalog/tlv.html in it he gives you the basic understanding of how to calculate a desired yield, what makes a good note and more.
If you’re considering investing for your own portfolio, you would be well advised to broker first or work with someone who is familiar with the industry as no amount of “course material” is sufficient IMHO to invest to your own capital without a thorough understanding of exactly what you’re buying. If you have specific questions feel free to e-mail me off line (my partner and I have been buying notes for 23 years).

Re: Notes Course - Posted by mark

Posted by mark on December 08, 2005 at 01:48:10:

Log on to www.noteworthyusa.com & click on The Cash Flow Business link…Good luck

Re: Notes Course - Posted by Rodney

Posted by Rodney on December 07, 2005 at 21:50:48:

Forgot to ask…I only have 75k-100k of extra cash to throw into this thing. Is that enough to really doing anything with?