Note on Real Estate Agent in Florida - Posted by Carmen - FL

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on November 30, 1998 at 14:07:58:

Wade, I’m curious about something. If you are a mortgage broker, why would you not look into investing in cash flows? Purchasing and improving real estate notes would seem to be a natural progression for you.

Stacy

Note on Real Estate Agent in Florida - Posted by Carmen - FL

Posted by Carmen - FL on November 29, 1998 at 15:42:15:

A few months ago I got my real estate license, but discovered very early on that I did not want to deal on a daily basis with Mr. & Mrs. John Doe to find their “dream home”. I also discovered how very interested I was in real estate investment. I am currently working in a completely different field, and although I am not yet in a position to devote myself full time to real estate investment, I am beginning to dip my toes in it.

It seems that finding a “friendly” real estate agent is a difficult thing for investors. I would therefore be willing to “find” investment property in the MLS (Palm Beach / Broward / Dade) for someone who is willing to teach me a thing or two about investing - including what to look for! I don’t have much up-front cash, so creativity is a must for me. In other words, I am looking for a win-win partnership. I have evening and weekend hours to devote to research, and access to the MLS. If anyone sees this as a possibility, and is willing to “tutor” or “mentor” in return for information, please contact me, or post an answer here.

I do not want to break any of the rules of this forum, and am not interested in any way in just offering my services as a “regular” real estate agent. I am searching for knowledge/support to start my own investment “career”.

Re: Note on Real Estate Agent in Florida - Posted by Wade

Posted by Wade on November 29, 1998 at 19:42:33:

Hi, Carmen:

I have experienced the same lack of “Positive” real estate agents in the Fort Lauderdale area. I am also a mortgage broker and I am just getting started in the real estate investing arena.

Most of the real estate agents that I talk to are not really interested in working with investors. They are too focused on their 6% commission…some of them are waking up but CHANGE is slow. Unfortunately, many of them are conditional by the gurus that they see on the tele and feel that when you talk about options and lease options or lease purchasing, they get nervous simply because they were not trained to comprehend these techniques in class…SIMPLY get their 6% commission split 4 WAYS!

I am putting together a business plan to focus my energies on r.e investing. I have had a company for three years now and plan to devote 100% to investing now…my focus will mobile homes, lease options, options.

I got L. Schuggs course on Mobile Homes (read both books today) and J. Keisers Ultimate Lease OPtion Strategy is on its way! Very excited. I have a VISION and I am putting the pedal to the metal to get there.

Seeya at the top!

Wade
Fort Lauderdale, FLa