Non performing Notes - Posted by Ross (Florida)

Posted by chet on March 25, 2005 at 12:54:07:

5-10M is the UPB, they don’t disclose the final bid price. But given that this is secured and not unsecured debt, maybe and I’m guessing here a 25-30% discount.

Depends on 1st and how “bad” the debt is (e.g. about to file BK or on payment plan)

Non performing Notes - Posted by Ross (Florida)

Posted by Ross (Florida) on February 21, 2005 at 20:57:09:

Does anyone buy non performing notes?

Re: Non performing Notes - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on December 18, 2007 at 14:27:50:

I have POF and investors ready to buy res. and commercial performing and non performing notes 949.689.9446

Re: Non performing Notes - Posted by Alfred Ringgold

Posted by Alfred Ringgold on July 15, 2007 at 20:29:00:

Please call if you are tring to sale your performing and non-performing notes. I have buyers.

(510) 289-4541

Re: Non performing Notes - Posted by Chet

Posted by Chet on February 21, 2005 at 22:35:57:

I have seen multimillion dollar portfolios of nonperforming first and second trust deeds auctioned off. It’s usually at a rather significant discount.

Re: Non performing Notes - Posted by Jay Donaldson

Posted by Jay Donaldson on February 18, 2008 at 13:54:03:

I have a note pool seller that is selling their non-performing notes at Total UPB: $100,033,313.17 from our feed back from our source we believe that a bid in the low 60â??s will take it. Av. Days Delq.: 103

Re: Non performing Notes - Posted by Jacob Batista

Posted by Jacob Batista on July 15, 2010 at 11:43:21:

I’m very interested in SFR or MFR or commercial properties in California for non-performing notes.We are the principals.

Re: Non performing Notes - Posted by John

Posted by John on February 21, 2005 at 22:43:41:

Hey chet,
I am having trouble finding properties that cash flow in my area. I am sitting on a small pile of cash right now and would like to know where these nonperforming notes are sold at or thru. I know it is a different end of investing than the R/E that I have been doing. I am reading up on notes but would like to explore the sale. Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Re: Non performing Notes - Posted by Benish

Posted by Benish on September 24, 2007 at 20:26:12:

HI JOHN,

I think the minimum for non performing notes is $10million. If you have interest I can get you in contact with a servicing company that is able to provide them for you. What the servicing company asks for is that you use their servicing. They have cheap prices.

Re: Non performing Notes - Posted by John (OR)

Posted by John (OR) on February 22, 2005 at 21:02:56:

John,

You can originate notes as a private lender to deals.

I have been doing this and I am getting good returns.

John B. Corey Jr.
Chelsea Private Equity LLC

Re: Non performing Notes - Posted by chet

Posted by chet on February 22, 2005 at 05:45:23:

if you’re interested in debt othe than trust deed look at bid4assets. Yesterday do to no bit I was offerred >187K in debt for 3000.

If you email privately, I may be able to give another tip or tow.

Re: Non performing Notes - Posted by George

Posted by George on January 04, 2009 at 18:59:37:

Let me know if you still have this info available
you can email me ortegarealty123@gmail.com
Thanks

Re: Non performing Notes - Posted by Lenny[VA]

Posted by Lenny[VA] on March 25, 2005 at 11:32:25:

Hi chet-

I’d be interested in knowing a tip or two on good sources of non performing notes.

Thanks!

Re: Non performing Notes - Posted by chet

Posted by chet on March 25, 2005 at 12:04:05:

I know Homecomings Financial routinely sells portfolios on non-performing Home Equity & Sub-Prime Second Mortgage Lien Accounts. The problem is the portfolios are typically 5-10M (more then in my pocket).

You also look at the local NODs for defaults in the area, and the BK court for BK filing.

There is also http://realtytrac.com/ wich has nationwide service, but sometimes iffy data.

Re: Non performing Notes - Posted by Lenny[VA]

Posted by Lenny[VA] on March 25, 2005 at 12:37:52:

Hmm. That’s interesting. Do you happen to know how much UPB would typically be in a 5-10M portfolio? Are these being sold at pennies on the dollar here?

Thanks for the response, by the way!