No Subject, I guess... - Posted by Greg NY

Posted by JoeNJ on March 13, 2001 at 11:55:45:

No Subject, I guess… - Posted by Greg NY

Posted by Greg NY on March 13, 2001 at 09:07:07:

Hello,

I’m a new investor, just starting out in 2001. I’ve held properties but didn’t see the money I hoped for. I saw many fellow investors go down the tubes for following the direction of some so-called gurus.

Up until late I figured that all this no money down stuff was a scheme. Then I visited this site, learned, learned, and learned even more.

I have read and received guidence from all on this board (Ed Garcia, SCook, JPiper to name a few). They have help me directly and indirectly just by the posts they post.

Ed’s thoughts of the day have been more than just thoughts but words to live by. SCook has shown ways of crunching numbers and finding deals where you didn’t even think of looking. JPiper, well he is like some kind of tax God.

Now, Russ Whitney, I don’t know much about this guy other than he seems to be a so-called guru. He has followers, but so did David Kuresh (don’t know the spelling, forgive me).
Leaders lead by example and I see that the usual band of seasoned investors are leading the masses to the promise land.
Russ (yes, first name… you’re no Mr. Garcia) seems to lead the masses to his wallet. That’s just the perception I get from reading his posts and his “plugs”.

I’m not interested in how much you make but how you make. I want facts not twisted mumbo jumbo, direct answers are the reason I come to this site on a daily basis. If I wanted an informercial, I’d turn on the TV not my computer.

Just my take on the whole darn thing.

Greg NY

ps. school is for learning lessons not learning about the teacher!