No cash or cred; where do I start??? - Posted by Ryan W.

Posted by Del-Ohio on January 08, 2004 at 19:02:00:

Buy Bill Bronchiks book Flipping Properties, this is the best way to learn the business in my opinion, and it can be done without any money or credit. It is also a great way to build up cash rapidly if you decide to become good at it.

My Viewpoint,

Del-Ohio

No cash or cred; where do I start??? - Posted by Ryan W.

Posted by Ryan W. on January 08, 2004 at 18:31:11:

I recently was laid-off from my regular job and am having trouble getting work. I figured now’s as good a time as any to get started in investing. I have studied C. sheets’ program and a smaller one by bill vaughan; you may be familiar with. Anyway,I don’t have access to large amounts of cash and my credit isn’t very good. So I wanted to know if I should go to a mortgage broker or private lender to fund my deals? If not, is there any other ways I should go about looking for deals?

Thanks

Re: No cash or cred; where do I start??? - Posted by Tbyrd

Posted by Tbyrd on January 10, 2004 at 12:47:53:

Go to your local bookstore(booksamillion,etc)and get a copy of Peter Conti & David Finkel’s book “Making Big Money in Foreclosure w/out cash or credit”.
I just bought & read it this week and it’s fabulous.
It was less than $20 but it was the most concise,useful,nuts & bolts book I’ve read. It gives you step by step info on every step, scripts,mailings,terminology,etc. you need to do just what you’re wanting to do.
They also have a free download book (multiple streams of income) @ their website,www.resultsnow.c om. If you can’t download it, you can order it and just pay $4.75 S&H over the phone (that’s what i had to do).
I was very,very impressed with how they were able to cover all the bases in such a well taught way in this one book on foreclosures.
Good luck, hope this helps.

Re: No cash or cred; where do I start??? - Posted by Charles (OH)

Posted by Charles (OH) on January 09, 2004 at 08:26:54:

Another suggestion is to go to a local real estate investors meeting and start networking. This will allow you to develop relationships with people that have money, credit and knowledge that you can tap into once you find deals.

As you are developing your network begin learning how to find motivated sellers and the various investing techniques. Research the archives and how-to articles on this site in addition to getting Bronchik’s book recommended by Del-Ohio.

Good luck with you investing,

Charles Kirkendall
Investor and Business Coach