No ads in paper, hmmm? - Posted by Valerie Crisp

Posted by Heidi White on March 10, 2003 at 19:28:10:

My local major paper (San Diego) had only 1 ad for I BUY TRUST DEEDS AND MORTGAGES during the week. I didn’t check the Sunday paper.

No ads in paper, hmmm? - Posted by Valerie Crisp

Posted by Valerie Crisp on March 10, 2003 at 08:05:21:

I am a new note broker. I live in a southeast city with 1 mil+ people, but I have not seen any ads from a note broker in our paper since I started researching several months ago. I know there are at least 10 to 20 note brokers in my area just from looking through the yellow pages. I’m now wondering if they know something that I don’t.

There are tons of ways to advertise, many more effective than a Classified ad, but what’s up? Do note brokers just build more effective means of referral over time thereby outgrowing the need for such advertising?

It seems to me that one of the major tasks to attracting new business is informing people of the option to sell their debt instruments which Classified ads should do quite well. I mean, a year ago I didn’t know there was such as thing as a secondary market!

I’d like to know from experienced folks why you do or don’t advertise in the Classifieds or even if you currently see note broker ads in your local paper.

Thanks!

Re: No ads in paper, hmmm? - Posted by Neil

Posted by Neil on March 12, 2003 at 21:04:43:

If I may:)

I am new. Ilive in the midwest and to see your situation. My paper lists maybe 2 individuals listing for buying mortgages and that type of thing.

Consider this. They are advertising in mass media, but are they advertising to an “educated” (and I say that carefully) populace? Many people, like you yourself admitted, don’t know taht seller carry paper can be sold. Ive also seen where some individuals mention they advertise in other sections besides the RE section. Justa couple of ideas anyway.