Newbie Question: How do you make a written offer? - Posted by steve

Posted by Mike Waters on July 13, 2006 at 02:14:31:

I have a couple of techniques.

One thing I do is draw up a couple of basic outlines of offer and present them to the buyer that way in person. The offers are printed out and are a really base version of an offer but just to hammer out price etc… Once we agree on basic terms then I have them sign the paper and I give them earnest money. Then I tell them I will go home and put down all the details on a state approved form. I come back the next day with everything laid out on a state approved form etc…

The other thing I have done submitted them a pre prepared offer that is my own form and then I tell them upon acceptance we will finalize the deal with a state approved contract.

I like the state forms for their thoroughness but I hate negotiating with them so that is why I do it that way.

Newbie Question: How do you make a written offer? - Posted by steve

Posted by steve on July 12, 2006 at 15:51:20:

I know that it has to be in writing, but I don’t know what forms are used to submit an offer for FSBO’s or through Agents? Is it a Standard Purchase and Sale Agreement? I live in California, where should I go for contracts, and other documents I’m going to need for Investing? Thanks for your time.