newbie - Posted by Shafeeqa Hussein-Bey

Posted by Mike C on February 15, 2001 at 14:58:07:

I’ve become a regular visitor to this site and it amazes me how many newbies show up and ask your question. It seems there ought to be a “Newbie Corner” on the site with FAQ’s - just a thought. Since I’ve seen many others answer this question, I’ll take my turn.

If you want to become a real estate investor, this site is a great place to start. Read every post, every article, every word on the site, and keep asking questions. But most importantly, begin taking action now!

Call on ads, place your own ads, call title companies, visit your court house, tour properties, meet other investors, meet real estate brokers, etc, etc. Visit with a broker at an open house and explain that you’re looking for fixer uppers or places that might need some work - get some leads and learn from them. For a month, don’t read anything but real estate books and your local newspaper’s classifieds. Learn the terms, customs and rules. Take chances. Stretch beyond what makes you comfortable. Fake it til you make it and all of the other cliche’s. But don’t stop taking action.

If you find a potential deal, bring it back to this group and ask for help. The best investors here seem to be the most helpful to newbies who are real go-getters.

I could go on and write a book to answer your question but I think you get the drift. Welcome and good luck!

newbie - Posted by Shafeeqa Hussein-Bey

Posted by Shafeeqa Hussein-Bey on February 14, 2001 at 20:31:25:

I’m intrested in being a real estate invester,and was wondering what I would have to do to start. I’m already putting money aside for the convention. I still would like to know some more info about real estate investing.