newbie: Need a house in 1 month - Posted by Erik

Posted by Erik on November 28, 2001 at 08:50:35:

I will give it a shot, any more thoughts I would love to here…

Thanks

newbie: Need a house in 1 month - Posted by Erik

Posted by Erik on November 27, 2001 at 19:32:49:

Wright now I am living in an apartment with my girlfriend and our little girl for $975 in CA. Los Angeles (Westside). The landlord wants us out because I had a smashed up car for to long in the parking lot, I just think he wants us out because he wants more rent, but that?s another story. Between the both of us we can afford like $1600 a month for rent or loan payments, have about $4000 cash. No one will give us a loan because of our credit. I read a bunch of articles I?m still reading, I also seen CS on TV for about 8 years now been wanting to do it but never got it. I found some homes with motivated owners, L/O, and for rent. If anything I don?t want to rent another apartment. Someone on here please HELP me out with what I should do and can do!

Thank You

Re: newbie: Need a house in 1 month - Posted by Stepho

Posted by Stepho on November 28, 2001 at 05:29:09:

I agree with Rodrigo…search for a house to rent within your price range and insist on a lease option (even if the purchase price seems out of your reach.)

Keep looking until you find someone willing to give a L/O, the purchase price may seem out of your range today but may seem very reasonable in the future… even if you personally cannot exercise the option you should be able to sell it (for a sizeable amount) in the future.

If you do manage to sell your L/O in the future then you will have the necessary cash for other investments.

The worst that will happen is that you rented again.

Re: newbie: Need a house in 1 month - Posted by Rodrigo Rodrigues

Posted by Rodrigo Rodrigues on November 27, 2001 at 20:21:41:

do a l/o(24 months) if you think you credit rating will improve in the next to years