Newbie Flip Question Please Help... - Posted by David (PA)

Posted by JM on February 29, 2004 at 13:58:12:

REI is real estate investing. Creonline Radio is at http://www.creonline.com/radio/index.html.

Newbie Flip Question Please Help… - Posted by David ¶

Posted by David ¶ on February 27, 2004 at 07:35:43:

Hello,

I am trying to understand flipping, anybody out there that does flips can you give me some advice on getting started I am very appreciative of you!

–>Do you have investor/buyers lined up before you purchase properties so you can flip to them? (to guarantee that your purchases will be sold/flipped?

–>What do you do when you cannot sell/flip a property that you already submitted a purchase offer to the seller?

–>Do you call investors before you buy properties (create a buyers list) and ask them if you can send them flips/properties?

*Example: I see people that advertise in my local papers that they buy homes cash…should i call them first and ask them to work with me with properties i’d buy/flip?

–>What is the best way to get started in flipping?

–>Is flipping a good way to get started in real estate?

If you can please anser these questions for my i will be very appreciative of your time! Thanks a bunch!

-David PA

Re: Newbie Flip Question Please Help… - Posted by JM

Posted by JM on February 28, 2004 at 08:14:00:

1)That would be a good start. I, personally wouldn’t start looking for properties to wholesale without knowing who I could possibly flip it to.
2)You need to figure out an exit strategy. You can always place a “subject to…” clause in your contract.
3)Yes. Go to REI meetings. Call those ads. Post on your local REI club’s website. Gather up your list.
4)READ, READ, READ first! Buy books. Get courses. Ask questions.Attend REI meetings and meet others who are doing the same thing. Ask them questions. Listen to Creonline Radio (specifically Dwan Bent Twyford and Bill Bronchick when they were guests).
5) YES!

Re: Newbie Flip Question Please Help… - Posted by David ¶

Posted by David ¶ on February 28, 2004 at 14:09:06:

I want to thank you for the help and advice! What does REI mean?

Also where is the CRE radio i cant find it is it on the cre site?

-Thanks a bunch!

-David