New to this group and in need of some info please - Posted by Michael Reed

Posted by Michael(KCMO) on June 18, 2004 at 19:05:24:

For the newbie who might not know yet . . .

DOW is “Deals On Wheels” by Lonnie Scruggs. It is THE manual on how to get started doing this and will answer many/most of your initial questions.

Regards,
Michael(KCMO)

New to this group and in need of some info please - Posted by Michael Reed

Posted by Michael Reed on June 18, 2004 at 11:57:03:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Michael and I am a 20 year old college student in Gainesville, Georgia. I have known that I wasnt the type of person that would ever work a job the rest of my life for a long time and discovered real estate was a means to that end a couple of years ago. I have been looking for the easiest way to get in and after talking to a friend who rents out several mobile homes and looking at this site I think this is the way to go. I am an accounting major in college and only work about 25 hours a week. So I think now is the perfect time to get in while I have the time to devote to investing. After looking into all the different ways of making money from mobile homes I think I want to go the route of financing homes to people with notes. The same friend I have with the mobile homes gets his homes from his father who buys them from 7 repo companies in Georgia. So I already have a good connection there. My question is do I have to have any special licenses to finance homes to people and how do I go about getting a note made? I am very serious about getting into this business and also very anxious to here everybodys comments. I apologize for this long initial post. They wont be this long anymore. Thanks again and I am glad to be a part of this group.

Info: - Posted by Clint S. Miller

Posted by Clint S. Miller on June 18, 2004 at 14:02:29:

Mike,

Congrats on making wise decisions when you are youthful. Purchase DOW for $30 first, read all (ALL) you can in the archives on this sight. It is invaluable. Good luck.

Clint