New to the USA....... - Posted by Arthur

Posted by Arthur on February 02, 2003 at 13:30:32:

Thanks for the reply.

I will get the card as soon as i get married…i plan to go out for 3 months on a trial bases which i am sure will be fine, and then get married, which means another 3 months wait before i can get a greencard or whatever it is i need. Its just i want to do something with my time and start there asap.

Our credit system is slightly different to yours, its not a point based system. But i will get a copy and bring that with me, as well as banking references which i have a few as i have mortgages with different lenders (didn’t think of that, thanks!)

New to the USA… - Posted by Arthur

Posted by Arthur on February 01, 2003 at 15:22:59:

Should be moving to the USA this year. I currently invest in property in the Uk, and would like to do the same in the USA…only thing is the system works differently, and the terminology is not the same, which makes it hard for me to research.

When i move, i will be bringing $70-100k, and will have equity of $120k back in england. Instead of buying 1 property cash, i would rather put down several deposits, or perhaps purchase foreclosures for cash, and refinance them to free up the equity and buy more.

I will be moving to Arizona, and am looking for banks etc that lend for either rental purposes or to flip. Can anyone recommend a lender, and tell me what the loan product is called in the USA?

Any help appreciated.

Re: New to the USA… - Posted by GMann

Posted by GMann on February 02, 2003 at 12:05:41:

If you are buying property in the US then it would be a good idea to get a green card if you don’t already have one. I would look for mortgage lenders that are based in California, Texas, and New York because they are used to dealing with foreign nationals. I would also try and get a certified copy of your UK credit report and/or bank credit references with phone #'s and names.

Just keep posting at this site and one of us will guide you thru the process.