new to investing - Posted by Jared-MA

Posted by plans on November 29, 2005 at 13:45:24:

How did you acquire the 2-family you already have? That is a great start. Why not repeat the performance?

What are your goals? If you know what they are, it will help you to form a strategy to pursue.

Basically there are two methods: turning property for short term gain and holding property for long term gain. You can do one method or a mixture of the two.

Start by getting to know your market real well. It may give you some clues for a market niche. You also need to assess your own resources and abilities and time available in order to figure out what you realistically can do to meet your goals. Take it one step and one property at a time.

new to investing - Posted by Jared-MA

Posted by Jared-MA on November 28, 2005 at 18:37:48:

ok, I currently own a 2 family house along with my own house and am interested in investing more consistantly. I have read many books and am constantly on this web site for ideas, etc. I had business cards made up also. I live in MASS (which is VERY expensive!) I do not have a niche in real estate however and am not sure what avenue to pursue or how to go about doing it. Does anyone have any ideas to get me started??? Thanks a bunch!