New Park Manager - Posted by Craig(MI)

Posted by Anne_ND on December 10, 2007 at 11:29:19:

No problem, Craig.

I usually don’t post my professional credentials since I’m retired. But I liked the symmetry since Dr. B had already posted.

Good luck with your deals,

Anne

New Park Manager - Posted by Craig(MI)

Posted by Craig(MI) on December 06, 2007 at 17:07:21:

One of the parks I work in recently hired a new P.M. He told me he had worked with another dealer who will take every home that comes along. This could be attempt to bluff me into doing the same but I don’t know. In the past I’ve tried to only take homes that were not in rough shape, real old or a combination of both. Now I’m wondering if I should reconsider to keep this park to my self or continue on and compete for the deals with this other dealer. I don’t see much profit in taking every home that the park is trying to give away and make them saleable. Any advice from others who have been in a similar situation. Lot rent is $109/mo. for each home.

Re: New Park Manager - Posted by Dr A.(ND)

Posted by Dr A.(ND) on December 08, 2007 at 07:41:14:

Craig,

I agree with Dr. B. There are so many deals out there that competition shouldn’t be a worry.

I’ve had a PM with the same idea. Honesty is very disarming, and I just told her that my investors had certain criteria that I had to meet. I couldn’t make a promise to do something that violated their criteria (which is basically to make a very high profit), but that I’d thoughtfully consider any MH she wanted me to look at.

The PM must understand that you can’t commit to spending YOUR money on any home that he gets back. If he does, maybe you need to spend some time in your other parks.

good luck,

Anne

PS- Is this PM giving you free or reduced lot rent until you get the homes fixed and sold? If not, I’d have another conversation with him.

Abundance - Posted by Dr B. (OH)

Posted by Dr B. (OH) on December 07, 2007 at 07:17:57:

Craig,
Think abundance. There are plenty of deals for everybody. According to your post, the PM already has a relationship with the other investor. It isn’t likely you will get ALL the deals anyway.

I have finally figured out that I can be friends with my competitors and we can all win. They buy some of the deals I can’t or won’t and vice versa.

Happy Trail(er)s,
Steve

Re: New Park Manager - Posted by craig s. larsen

Posted by craig s. larsen on December 10, 2007 at 06:34:10:

Drs. A. & B. Thanks for responding. The theory of abundance combined with the patience to wait for the good deals sounds like the right plan, even with the change in P.M. I’ve always thought quality over quantity and it’s been working so far. I’m going to treat him as nice as I can and let the chips fall where they may. Michigan must be different than Colorado ie. not many buyers here. Way to go Brady(CO). I must be confused, is this halloween Anne? Nothing is free in this park but they do reduce it for dealers such as myself. Thanks Craig(MI)

Hallowe’en? - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on December 10, 2007 at 07:53:58:

???

Re: Hallowe’en? - Posted by Craig(MI)

Posted by Craig(MI) on December 10, 2007 at 09:29:44:

Anne - just trying a little humor DR.A - costume - Halloween … Didn’t intend any disrespect. Maybe with practice I’ll get better Craig(MI)