New Mobile Home Parks - Posted by Deb Van

Posted by Deb Van on December 20, 2000 at 12:12:22:

You mean the pool & clubhouse; probably so; I hadn’t gotten that far with them. I e-mailed them for more info and haven’t heard anything.

New Mobile Home Parks - Posted by Deb Van

Posted by Deb Van on December 19, 2000 at 22:24:38:

I had mentioned in another posting that we’re looking into the Naples area in Florida for MH. We did happen to find an ad for a new park with 37 ready lots for $84,000 (no MH, nothing rented). Also, only new MH can be put up. So far our research indicates MH in this area range from 20k-85k, most of the parks have built in community pools, clubhouse etc (this is Naples). Well, offhand 84K doesn’t sound too bad for the lots but there is much more to be investigated. I noticed in this forum there is not too much discussion on New Parks-are there any books written on New Mobile Homes & Parks? Also, I noticed in the MH Parks in this area, many of them require at least 1 person 55+ to rent or own. But if the demographics are there, that might not be a disadvantage. Well if anyone out there has any info or thoughts on “NEW STUFF”, just let me know.

Re: New Mobile Home Parks - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on December 21, 2000 at 09:14:22:

Deb,

I would do some investigating… How long has the park been built? Why have no lots been rented? How does the property compare in location and amenities with the competition? Are zoning approvals in place? Was all construction properly inspected and approved? Are utilities of adequate capacity and permits to connect in place?

The price is very cheap… and there is a reason. You need to find out the story behind the deal. Could be an opportunity, or there could be a host of problems. Whatever the story, your job is to determine whether you have the capacity to capture the opportunity.

Post further details when you get them and we can help you analyze the deal.

ray

Re: New Mobile Home Parks - Posted by k greene

Posted by k greene on December 20, 2000 at 08:49:14:

It sounds as if you are looking at individually deeded lots that the assoc wants to sell . They are probably asking a pretty penny for common charges on a monthly basis .

Re: New Mobile Home Parks - Posted by Deb Van

Posted by Deb Van on December 21, 2000 at 09:42:12:

Thanks Ray, there are no MH on the lots yet. I e-mailed them for more info, haven’t heard from them yet, but will also call them. I’ll post the results.