Nervous about my mover - Posted by kat

Posted by kat in asheville on June 18, 2008 at 12:44:00:

Thanks Greg, I searched through my Deals on Wheels, but there is not that much about moving homes to your own land. This is probably one of the reasons it is so much easier to buy a home already set up , and then sell it with financing or rent it out. Well, I hope to that in the very near future , but kinda thought I would try baptism by fire, so I would understand mobile homes from the ground up first. Yes, that makes sense to have a contract all set up by now. There is no tongue on the home and one will have to be welded on. Hmmmm, my mover knew that 6 weeks ago as I sent him pictures. At this point I am going to seriously look for another mover. Tnanks…

Nervous about my mover - Posted by kat

Posted by kat on June 18, 2008 at 11:45:29:

Hi All! I have been waiting 6 weeks now for my MH mover to look at the home to be moved. Granted, he did come to the site where the home will be moved to. (Thats only 10 miles from town and the site where the MH to be moved is about 35 miles away). Im getting a little worried though as this move is supposed to take place next week. He came highly recommended and I didn’t want to waste a bunch of guys time and gas “shopping” the move. So I just settled on this one mover. He seemed to have no problem with the prospect of 2 8X10 decks with metal roofs and the fact that the home is on a brick foundation. But he has not even seen the narrow road it will need to be brought down from, and repeated calls to ask if he has gone out there yet just bring promises , and reassurances that all will be fine. Do you think its time to worry and start looking for another mover?

Re: Nervous about my mover - Posted by Anita

Posted by Anita on June 20, 2008 at 05:37:08:

Kat,I own a MHP in Asheville and have gone through the same things with movers, who also came highly recommended. I finally found one who is great–has been in business for years, does what he says he will do when he says he will (imagine that?). Can you call/or e-mail me and I’ll give you all of the info.

Maybe… - Posted by Greg Meade

Posted by Greg Meade on June 18, 2008 at 12:18:38:

You should have a WRITTEN contract for this move by this time. The 2 decks are probably not an issue if they are not attached to home except by flashing at roof level.

The mover may carry pole saw and chain saw with him for this narrow road but no mover I know would not check to see if they need a dozer to bring the home out to the roadway.Another issue is hitches…we use a certified welder on all of these and usually have to have scheduled weeks ahead.

Maybe try to get this mover to meet you at the site and give you a clearly written cost agreement for this move. You can tell him you want this info to bring a c.c. to the delivery site on the big day.

Moving homes is a business…he needs to structure his model along those lines.

You need to make sure he has liability and cargo insurance for your home, and that his peeps are covered under the Workman’s Comp laws in your State. It is always nice to have who is responsible for site clean up when the home is removed from the site.

We move 100-150 homes per year and we still make simple paperwork mistakes…the time to remedy them is prior to breakdown and transpo!

Greg Meade
352.216.2020 Cell

Re: Nervous about my mover - Posted by Joe-Gaa

Posted by Joe-Gaa on June 30, 2008 at 03:31:50:

6 weeks??? wow… sounds like your town needs more movers… In todays supply and demand, there is no need in waiting 6 weeks unless the guy is moving it for FREE

For efficient moves, look no further than the top-rated New Concord moving companies. Our carefully curated selection features movers renowned for their professionalism, reliability, and commitment to excellence. Whether you’re relocating locally or embarking on a long-distance journey, these companies excel in providing seamless transitions. From expert packing services to secure transportation of your belongings, they ensure every aspect of your move is handled with precision and care. With years of experience and satisfied customers backing their reputation, these movers guarantee a stress-free relocation experience. Say goodbye to the headaches of moving and entrust your transition to the top-rated New Concord moving companies. Please check and try: https://threemovers.com/ohio/spencerville/ Experience efficiency at its finest as you embark on your journey to a new destination with confidence.