Needing Encouragement - Posted by Vinnie (CO)

Posted by dewCO on December 23, 2000 at 19:44:42:

I don’t know about “routine”. With some of his courses, his services are included. Go to his legalwiz.com site.

Needing Encouragement - Posted by Vinnie (CO)

Posted by Vinnie (CO) on December 20, 2000 at 18:51:11:

Thanks to all for sharing your insights and allowing others to reap the benefits of your experience and expertise.

For the past month, I’ve been soaking up information daily via this site, a couple of LeGrand courses, etc, as I am extremely motivated to get my CRE biz off the ground. Even met with an atty friend today to set up a corporate entity but he said he believed I needed to have a RE license to wholesale and do L/O’s (which I plan to concentrate on). Can someone tell me if this is so? I live in CO.

Also, want to share why I am so motivated. In the last couple of years, I’ve lost some dear (peer) friends to cancer (I am not even 40 yet!). It has made me realize that I don’t want to put off trying to see my dreams become reality. I have given countless hours to my children’s school, political campaigns, volunteer organizations, etc…but now I intend to put my free time and energy into something for me and my family. My husband is very supportive which gives me the freedom to pursue this effort. He has even encouraged me to attend the convention although that will stretch the budget. (Cheap airfare, anyone?) And, next month I’m planning to begin attending Bronchick’s meetings in Denver.

So, I am not afraid to roll up my sleeves and work hard (tho’ smart!) to succeed but there is the fear factor that hits me daily regarding failure with this endeavor. I guess I’m just needing some encouragement…and maybe someone who wouldn’t mind doing the mentor thing for a little while.

Thanks guys.

Re: Needing Encouragement - Posted by AnnNC

Posted by AnnNC on December 21, 2000 at 12:42:35:

I don’t qualify as a mentor, but I can give encouragement. Feel free to email me.
Ann

Re: Needing Encouragement - Posted by joel

Posted by joel on December 21, 2000 at 10:38:32:

Vinnie,

You DO NOT need a realtors license to do flips or lo in CO. I am in Denver, and your attorney is wrong. I had Bill set up my LLC, and he did a great job. See you at the meeting next month.

Joel

Shame on you Lance!!! - Posted by Todd (MO)

Posted by Todd (MO) on December 20, 2000 at 22:23:02:

Vinnie, e-mail me with contact info…we’ll talk.

Todd

Re: Needing Encouragement - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on December 20, 2000 at 22:21:07:

I’m not from Colorado, but I doubt you need a license. I’ve never heard of anyone who needs a license to wholesale or do L/O’s. I get questioned here in MD often about the same thing. I have even had an attorney tell me the same thing, and I do not need a license.

I can tell you who your attorney should be- You are going to his next meeting!

Best of luck, hope to see you at the convention.

Steve

Re: Needing Encouragement - Posted by Lance

Posted by Lance on December 20, 2000 at 21:28:39:

If you need encouragement, you have already lost. Hope that helps!

Bill Bronchick as attorney? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on December 21, 2000 at 08:33:11:

Does Bill Bronchick actually do routine legal work for others? It would be great to have someone who really understood what’s going on with a deal.